Chapter 13

In the days that followed, Hanabi had almost resigned herself to being in the volleyball club. The only problem was that she didn't really enjoy it yet. What she also had to admit was that the extra training with Wakatoshi wasn't so bad. Even though only short sentences were exchanged, Hanabi found that the ace came out of her shell more.

On the other hand, he was again the calmer one during official training and only did what he had to do. He only exchanged small phrases with Tendou, who was usually late.

The days went by like this until Hanabi stood in front of the whole team and had to announce her decision. How was she supposed to start?

"So, are you staying?" Kai wanted to know straight away, as Hanabi tried to gather her words. "Actually, I didn't get my volleyball friends back." she began and immediately looked into some sad faces, with Wakatoshi looking rather neutral and waiting. "But...it's funny to see how clumsy you are, which is why I decided to help you anyway."

"What, really?" Semi asked, hoping to learn more from her that she knew from Atsumu. "Yes, but don't bother me with it in your free time." Hanabi mumbled and looked to the side, slightly ashamed.

At that moment, Wakatoshi had a strange feeling. A feeling he didn't know and also couldn't categorize. Was it her gesture that made him feel this way? Or was it the little joy he felt because she stayed? He didn't know, as well as many other things that had often been an issue.

"Then I can really tease you now." Tendou grinned. "Nah, don't bother, otherwise you'll fall over at the next training session." Hanabi replied immediately, which made the team laugh. Yes, her tips and her training plan were worse than Tanji's. With her, you could feel your limbs falling off every day.

Although Hanabi was only a manager, she had quite a lot of influence. Tanji had never interrupted or reprimanded her before. Maybe it was also because he didn't want to mess with the Miya family.

"Well then, see you around," Hanabi spoke before leaving the gym and making her way to the girls' building. There would be some games soon and Hanabi only hoped that she could prove herself there too.

Because what she had sensed all along was that maybe through this team, maybe through Wakatoshi, she could actually get her volleyball friends back.