Chapter 31

This voice was familiar to the two twins, who opened their eyes and looked towards the stands. And that's when the brothers saw her. Hanabi Miya, their little sister, looking at them with a smile and cheering them on. At that moment, her brothers felt a warmth in their hearts that they had missed for a long time. They had been sorry to be away from home for the winter vacations and unable to see Hanabi. But as they could now see, she was not here alone.

The twins knew Wakatoshi Ushijima, the ace of the Shiratorizawa, who played in the U19 team. Even if they didn't know him personally, they were glad that he had accompanied Hanabi. At least he was a big boy who could protect them.

With a slight arrogant grin, Atsumu raised his hand to wave at her, with Osamu slapping him on the back of the head and smiling at his sister. "You know this cute girl?" one of her team asked, causing Atsumu to take on a sinister aura. "Don't you dare talk about our sister like that in front of me!"

At that moment, some of the players flinched. The Karasuno players also felt this aura, with Hinata jumping around rather joyfully. "What, really? I know her!" he said like a little kid. "Not just you, you idiot!" scolded Kageyama, looking up at the blonde girl who was with him. "But she's cheering on her brothers..." Hinata pouted, barely able to concentrate.

Perhaps it had been a bad idea to shout something, as Hanabi felt a little uncomfortable. She could feel the eyes on her and just wanted to leave. But then she felt a slight pressure on her back, and a pleasant warmth welled up inside her. The smell also calmed her.

Her body relaxed as if of its own accord. Why did Wakatoshi have such an effect on her? "Thank you..." she breathed softly and audibly. "It's okay."

While Wakatoshi felt her back against his chest, he closed his eyes. Even through her and his clothes, he could feel her cool skin. Her smell was also slightly different, no doubt due to the medication she had to take. His mother had had the same smell on her for a long time.

He actually hated it, but he couldn't hate this girl in front of him, nor could he push her away. He wanted to spend as much time as possible with her, both good and bad. He also hoped that Hanabi would get far with the medication and that surgery could help her. Had she already considered it? Probably yes, and was waiting for the summer vacation.

Besides the sickly smell, Wakatoshi could still smell her own odor. It was fresh and sweet, which he quite liked. No, you could almost say he loved it. If Tendou hadn't explained everything to him, he would still have been ignorant about it.

He would do anything for Hanabi at the moment, no matter what. His heart told him so, even if he didn't understand everything yet. But through her and Tendou, he began to understand what else was important in his life besides volleyball. And Hanabi was important to him, so important that he didn't want to lose her. So important that he had fallen madly in love with her.