Chapter 16

Hanabi had been telling her mother about Shiratorizawa for most of the morning until lunchtime. She also talked about Aoba Josai, which was also a highly regarded school and would be going to the high school tournament. Her mother had beamed so much that Hanabi had simply gone on.

"It's nice to hear that you're getting closer to volleyball again." the blonde smiled and drank her tea. Hanabi smiled too, before taking a sip of her tea and exhaling softly. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know how to talk to Atsumu and Osamu about it." the girl admitted. "I'm sure they'd be happy if you told them." "Yes, but I wanted to tell them in person."

The blonde looked gently at her daughter. "You'll get a chance to talk to them. Even if you might not be able to say it until the national championships." "Yeah...maybe..."

"But tell me, this Wakatoshi, what's he like?" her mother wanted to know. "What's he like?" Hanabi asked, blushing slightly. "Yes, you told me about your team. Your eyes sparkled when you heard his name." the woman laughed, which made Hanabi blush even more.

"Well...he...how should I put it..." Hanabi began and thought for a moment. "He's very clumsy, I'd say." "What do you mean?" her mother asked.

"Wakatoshi is quite similar to Atsumu when it comes to volleyball. He knows nothing else but this sport and always gives his best. He also plays for the U19 team and is actually unbeatable. But he doesn't really know anything about feelings or other people," Hanabi explained as best he could. "I don't even know if he can tell when someone likes him."

"What do you mean?" Hanabi laughed briefly. "There's Satori Tendou, also known as Guess Monster, who I think is his best friend. He only really talks to him when he talks at all. But I also think that Tendou never leaves him alone anyway and Wakatoshi has simply accepted his presence. Wakatoshi also accepts the crazy Tendou as he is." she said and also talked about some moments when she was alone with Wakatoshi.

"And he has the same problem as me. No matter what he does or doesn't do, the girls almost chase him. Except that the boys now stare at him jealously when I'm around him."

Her mother started to laugh. She thought it was kind of cute to hear something like that. "Maybe you should just teach Wakatoshi how to talk to other people and what feelings can be like. From what you tell me, he's not quite so helpless after all."

"Maybe..." Hanabi mumbled and propped her head up. "But from the way you sound and tell me, you seem to like him a lot." The blonde grinned. "Not true at all..."

Another laugh was heard. "Hanabi, you're my daughter. Of course I can see that you like him. You smile just hearing his name. Oh, and don't forget, you blush easily."

At that moment, Hanabi was unable to say anything. Was her mother right about what she said? Did she really like Wakatoshi as much as her mother thought she did?

"At least he helped you to like volleyball again." the blonde grinned before getting up and running into the kitchen. Yes, she was actually right.