Chapter 19

As always, the examinations were boring and long. And like every time, Hanabi had to wait for the results and had made a small change to the forms. Since she thought she was old enough, Hanabi thought the results should come straight to her. She didn't feel like hearing from her mother again several times about how good her results were.

Well, once she had an iron deficiency, but Hanabi didn't think it was a big deal. But her mother and even her brothers had asked her several times whether she had finally got rid of this deficiency.

When she was on her way home, Hanabi made little detours in the surrounding area. It had been too long since she had seen the houses and stores that she had always seen on her way to school. She also passed the big tree under which she had always sat when it had rained.

This village was actually really beautiful. Hanabi had always said that she wanted to spend her future here. But not just because of her memories and her family. Hanabi just wanted to be here because of these beautiful places.

But no matter how long Hanabi had thought about what it would be like to live here with her own children, the semester break was almost over.

In order not to miss everything new at school, Hanabi had set off early to rejoin her friends. To be honest, she had really missed the team. She had also missed the feeling of having a volleyball in her hand.

However, she thought for quite a long time on the way back while holding a piece of paper in her hands. A paper that she had picked up personally at the hospital because she had requested it. The results came faster than expected, which is why she would not have received them at her school.

Just like before, she had an iron deficiency, but not only that. Apparently she lacked some vitamins, although Hanabi had always made sure she had enough of them. Well, she could supplement her vitamin D when she went jogging with the boys. But she really didn't feel like doing that. Tendou had also offered her chocolate several times, although it was homemade and Hanabi could never resist. They were really delicious. That day, Tendou had also told her that he might want to become a conditeur.

As her eyes gazed at the numbers, she was glad that her mother couldn't see any of it. She would cry if she saw these low figures. So without her knowing, Hanabi was able to top everything up again to make her lie believable. This was actually the first time she had lied to her mother. But what was she supposed to do? Tell her how many flaws she had just to make her mother worry even more? No thanks.

Maybe Hanabi should really think about looking after herself a little more instead of her mother.