Chapter 43

"So, are you ready?" asked the doctor as she completed the final examinations and prepared Hanabi for the operation. "Yes, I am." Hanabi said and had only rarely vomited in the last few days. Wakatoshi had been a great help to her, always giving her a reassuring hug. He was waiting in the waiting room with her family as well as Mitsuri and Tendou and had promised to wait until she was back and awake.

"Good, it will take a few hours. When you wake up, you'll notice the change and be quite tired." the woman explained again. How many times had she been told how much energy everything needed? Quite often.

Nevertheless, she felt the fear that had always haunted her. Especially because of the dream Wakatoshi had had. But it was just a dream, nothing more. "I'll see you in a few hours." The doctor smiled before Hanabi slowly grew tired and everything around her disappeared.

After several hours and full of blackness, Hanabi heard a beeping noise. A noise that sounded quite normal and was probably just her readings. She realized how tired she actually was and couldn't move her body. Nevertheless, Hanabi slowly opened her eyes and recognized her old hospital room.

"Hanabi!" Mitsuri, who had slight dark circles under her eyes, said happily, just like the others who were here. "According to the doctor, the operation went well!"

"Can you calm down?" came Atsumu's slightly arrogant reply. "Huh? Be happy!" came back from Mitsuri, which threw Atsumu slightly off track. Yes, Mitsuri was not a normal girl. Atsumu quickly realized this and couldn't help but smile. Apparently he had a thing for her, as Hanabi could see.

"Can you two pull yourselves together?" asked Osamu, exhaling. "How are you?" Hanabi glanced at the gray-haired man. "Quite...okay, I'd say..." Hanabi managed to say. "That sounds good. Our mother just went out with Tendou to buy some food."

"With Tendou...? Voluntarily?" Hanabi asked. "Apparently he won her heart with your chocolate." Mitsuri laughed. Yes, that was easy to imagine. Tendou's chocolate tasted fantastic.

"And...Wakatoshi...?" the girl asked immediately afterwards. "He's on the phone for a moment. His trainer called him." Mitsuri explained, which reassured Hanabi a little. So he really had been waiting. However, she could also understand his coach. Wakatoshi was one of the best players, of course he needed him.

But what was important now was that Hanabi had to fight. Until she could leave this hospital without any further setbacks.