Chapter 27

The sound of rushing water could be heard as Hanabi leaned lightly on the sink and looked at herself in the mirror. The match against Aoba Josai was over, so the final would take place soon. All this excitement in these games was slowly but surely becoming too much for Hanabi. It was to be expected that the Shiratorizawa would win the first games. However, the semi-final and final were completely different.

Before Hanabi could go to the toilets, Wakatoshi had made sure she was okay before heading to the changing rooms with his team to get some rest. How glad Hanabi was when no one said anything.

Trembling, the blonde held on to the washbasin and breathed in and out deeply. Only a few seconds ago, she had taken her second tablet, which was supposed to help her. She breathed out quietly before splashing water on her face again, turning the tap and dabbing her face.

Just then, two girls walked in, glanced briefly at Hanabi and disappeared into a toilet cubicle. Hanabi probably looked like a ghost, but what was she supposed to do? Going to school was not an option. Leaving the boys alone wasn't either, it would only trigger more questions.

Hanabi took her make-up out of her rucksack, which she had just applied so that the circles under her eyes and her paleness wouldn't show.

"Are you all right?" asked a cute voice from a blonde girl who had come in earlier. "Yes..." Hanabi mouthed and could see her eyes in the mirror. "But you don't look like that."

"Yachi, it's none of your business." said the girl wearing glasses, Hanabi could see the school's logo on her jacket. She had never worn hers since the Shiratorizawa. Not even during training. "You...are from Karasuno, right?"

"Yes, we're about to play against the Shiratorizawa." Yachi smiled and washed her hands. "I know...", Hanabi mumbled and shot her backpack when she was done.

"Oh, so are you watching the game?" the girl asked, the bespectacled girl watching her closely. "Sort of, yes, but not with the spectators." Hanabi smiled and opened the door.

"You're the manager of Shiratorizawa, right?" the other girl asked. "Hanabi, nice to meet you." she continued to smile and briefly lowered her gaze. "Tell your team to just do their best, will you?"

"O...Of course," Yachi said, glancing at Kyoko, who was briefly confused. When Hanabi had disappeared, Kyoko thought about her gesture. "I guess she's not feeling well..." "What do you mean?" asked Yachi. "I don't know, but I have the feeling that she has no energy."