Chapter 34

Once in the town, the girls walked along the street and looked at several stores. So far, none of them had seen anything they liked, so they kept walking. Hanabi had set a slow pace and used the excuse that she wanted to take a closer look at everything. Mitsuri had just accepted it and thought it was a good idea. It gave her a chance to look at the shop windows.

Every now and then, Hanabi turned her head away from her so she could cough quietly. Although it was getting warmer and warmer and the rainy season would soon begin, she felt a lump in her throat from time to time. Unfortunately, coughing didn't make it any better, so Hanabi went to a grocery store shortly afterwards to get some water.

"I didn't think there would be so few stores..." Mitsuri muttered and exhaled. "I really thought we'd be able to store for clothes. But I didn't see anything I liked."

Hanabi smiled softly. "We'll find something." "Do you think we'll find something for Tendou and Wakatoshi?" asked Mitsuri suddenly.

"Huh? Why?" Mitsuri laughed. "Nah, for their graduation and as a going away present. Tendou is going to France and Wakatoshi is playing in the top league."

Hanabi hadn't even thought about that. It was true, they should buy something nice for the two of them. It might be easier for Tendou than for Wakatoshi. Her thoughts wandered as she looked at the area and saw a poster on a wall.

"A poster...contains...information and...pictures..." Hanabi mumbled to herself. "What are you talking about?" Mitsuri asked with a laugh. "Why are you staring at this poster like that? It's just a picture."

At that moment, Hanabi had her present for Wakatoshi in her head and began to smile. "I already have a present for Wakatoshi." "Huh? What kind of present?" Mitsuri wanted to know curiously.

"I started drawing a picture a long time ago and finished it last week. It's the two of us and the whole volleyball team." Hanabi explained. "What? You drew a picture of us and didn't say anything?"

"It was supposed to be a surprise and a present for everyone. But Wakatoshi was supposed to get the original picture." The blonde smiled and finally walked on.

"Tell me, Hanabi... could it be that you're in love with Wakatoshi?" the black-haired girl asked. "What makes you think that?"

"Well, you've spent a lot of time together sometimes. Besides, Wakatoshi always looks so worried but also cute at you. He talks to you more than usual." Mitsuri noted. "I like him, but...it's better if I don't love him. Even if my heart gave up on that plan a long time ago."

"I knew it!" Mitsuri exclaimed loudly and smiled. "You just can't fool me!" she grinned, which made Hanabi smile. Yes, she could. She had been fooling her best friend for half a year, just like the others.