chapter 11

"So"Lorenzo begins as we were at the diningtable eating dinner

"So"Lorenzo begins as we were at the diningtable eating dinner. "You wanted to tell us something?"

The dinner table was filled with everyone around it, Kai included. Everyone looks at me as I was about put my spoon into my mouth.

Charles and Kai gives a solid side eye from next to me as everyone stopped doing what they were eating.

"What did I miss?" Milo says from next Kai.
"Li wants to come for dinner tomorrow." I say but suddenly everyone shot me look.

"Claire, please bring Dina to her crib." Mother was holding Dina with an arm. Claire comes fast to her and mother passes her to her and she walks away.

"As in Li Chen?" Father asks looking at me
"What do you mean Li Chen?" Milan asks confused with that the questions floods by my brothers.

"I want to talk to him by tomorrow morning." Lorenzo says. "And how did you two meet?"

"If the two of you marry, we going to have good allies." Enzo says suddenly while smirking.

"Vincenzo Alessi." Father says with some stern. "But it's true." Charles shrugs as he picked his asapargus with his fork.

"I hope you do realise that you're togerther with a mafia leader that means his enemies is going to be yours. Which means you're an easy target Ilana" dad explains to me if he wasn't married to mom.

"dad has a point Ilana, it might be risky." Milan says it with a thoughtful response as if he didn't loose the girl he loved.

She basically left him and her boyfriend after a huge fight with them but I didn't know anything about so yeah she went for the great American dream, most likely for her father's law firm in Boston.

"What about mom, she married you even though she was going to have as many enemies as you do have now." I say straight to him. "That's the same."

"She's an easy target way more easy than us because she's your weakness and if something happens to her, you would most likely loose your shit and torn the world to find her." I add.

Father drops his fork as I realised what I said about my parents but I keep my posture straight not trying to show off my emotions. And since this is the first time that I'm being confronted by this topic.

Before dad could say something mother places a hand on his shushing him.

"Honey we are trying to protect, of course I'm easy target and the biggest weakness of your father." She looks at dad like she would mostly like get lost. Dad smiles at her as we watched with a weird face expression to them.

"We went through so much together and of course I had to make choices as well." She adds

"Including me." Lorenzo chuckles.We all chuckle at his comment and she takes his hand in her. "Of course you too."