𝟎𝟑. 𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐈𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐘 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌, 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐀 𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌

𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐈𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐘 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌, 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐀 𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌. She was waiting for her co-star to start their table read, but he was late. Francis Lawrence was seated on her left, leaving the chair in front of her open for Tom. Francis gave Sofia her script, she underlined the lines they had to practice today. It was weird to think that they would start filming next week. The loud sound of someone bursting in the room was heard behind her back. Sofia knew Tom had stormed in, he kept apologising and sat down getting the script from Francis.

"I want to start at the beginning, Sofia you have just gotten off the train and meet Coriolanus for the first time. Please use the room if you need to." He received a nod from her.

"Tom, you want to create trust between you and your tribute. Read your lines and give her the rose. I brought a prop for you to practice alright?" Tom and Sofia stood up from their chairs.

"Okay Tom, the train just arrived and you wait for your tribute to jump out of the train."

Sofia stood still for a couple seconds with a distance from Tom. He walked a couple of steps, and looks around for the familiar face of his tribute. Francis reads that Lucy get's help getting out of the train by Jessup. Sofia fixes her hair a little before noticing Tom watching her. He walks up to her and points out the fake rose.

"Welcome to the capitol." Sofia looks at the rose and then at him.

"When I was little my mama used to bathe me in buttermilk and rose petals." She admitted to him. Francis already told her to have a soft southern accent, that becomes heavier with big emotions.

Francis reads out loud that Lucy takes a rose petal from the rose, and eats it. She keeps her focus on Tom. She didn't actually eat the rose because it was fake, so she threw it on the ground.

"Tastes like bedtime." Sofia smiles big, while Tom's face expression is a little shocked but fascinated.

"You look like you shouldn't be here." Sofia checks him out by looking up and down, like the script says.

"Well, I shouldn't...but I'm your mentor." He smiles big. It was the first time that Sofia had seen the man smile. But she knew it was just acting.

"A rebel?" Sofia asks and looks behind her, where Jessup would be standing."And what does my mentor do, besides bring me roses?"

"I do my best to take care of you." His voice didn't sound too sure, like he was lying to her. It was the perfect way to say that line.