Chapter 5

It was 10 pm, still Veer was unconscious. Kartik was getting tensed and was talking on phone.

Kartik: Use abhi tak hosh kyu nahi aaya? Uncle, I'm worried.
Dr: Kartik, maine use sedatives diye hai. Use hosh aajayega.
Kartik: Par 2 ghante ho gaye hai.
Dr: Kartik, Kartik, shant ho jao. It's just because he is weak. Shayad usne kuch nahi khaya hai. He needs rest. Shayad ise raat me hosh aajaye. Don't worry.
Kartik: Ok uncle. Thanks!

He ended the call and caressed Veer's hair with teary eyes. He looked aside to find Mahir already asleep. He too laid down and sleep took over him.

Time flew and it was 7 pm. Akshar was already present at Akshara's house. One boy came there and rang the bell. Akshu opened it and let him in. She closed the door and smirked. Akshar too was smirking. The boy got confused seeing it. Akshar came near him who unknowingly started going back. Akshar held his hand.

Boy: Ye tu kya kar raha hai, Aksh? We are here for project. Akshu, tu bol na ise. Aksh, please. It's hurting.

But Aksh did something which shocked him to core. His eyes widened when Aksh caught him by his neck, strangling to death. He tried escaping the grip but couldn't. As the grip was strong. He was gasping for breath. Tears were flowing from his eyes. He struggled in his grip. His eyes were getting heavy. He blinked his eyes to remain conscious. He started moving his hand around and got hold of a frame. He somehow bashed it on Aksh's head, due to which Aksh's grip loosened. Taking it as a chance, the boy escaped from Aksh's hold. Akshu went near Aksh. Boy quickly opened the door and locked it from outside. He ran out of the apartment. He shook his head for avoiding dizziness. He was feeling weak. He tried going ahead but a car came in full speed in his direction. He saw it.

Boy: Ahhhhhhh

Sweat was pooled on Veer's face. He was thrashing on the bed.

He flew into the air, the blur of a car going by. Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion. His limp body rose up, slamming over the hood and roof of the car. Boy landed on the ground with a sickening sound, bleeding profusely. 

Veer: Ahhhhh....

Veer got up with a jerk. He was shivering and sweating badly. Tears continuously leaking from his eyes. Kartik and Mahir got up hearing his cries. Kartik 'ON' the lights. Their heart sank seeing Veer's condition. They quickly took him in their embrace.

Kartik: Baccha, it's just a bad dream. Stop crying. You're safe. Bhai, yahi hai. Kuch nahi hua tumhe. Veer, calm down baby. Shant ho jao.

But Veer was not in the condition to hear. He was crying vigorously. He was shivering as well as burning in fever. Kartik rubbed his back and Mahir offered him water. Veer drank it being in Kartik's embrace only. He gulped the water in one go and hide his face in Kartik's chest, crying. Kartik made circles on his back, kissing his hairs. After some time, Veer calmed down. But still he was hugging Kartik. He closed his eyes and kept his head on Kartik's chest. He was feeling insecure. He didn't want to lose his brother. He shivered remembering Raghav's words. He opened his eyes rapidly broke the hug.

Veer: I-I'm f-fine. Don-Don't wor...*gulps* Don't worry about me. Y-you sleep.

Kartik and Mahir sighed. They were now sure that Veer didn't mean whatever he had said before. They got sure that he is hiding something. Something they need to find out soon, before it's too late. Kartik hugged Veer, ignoring all his words, close to his heart and patted Veer's head, drifting him to sleep. Feeling his brother's heartbeat and warmth, Veer too gave in as he knew he needed his brothers at that moment of time. Kartik smiled seeing Veer hugging him and snuggling more into the hug, closer to Kartik's heart. He continued patting and, in few minutes, he heard soft snores. He looked down to find Veer asleep. He laid Veer properly on the bed and slept beside him, hugging him tightly. Mahir to laid down and hugged Veer tightly.

That's it for today. Sorry for long wait of you all. I know, I have not posted from so long, but I was not getting the right track. Thanks to abhisheknigam_heart  Di for helping me. Next chapter's idea is also of Vaishu di only. As this book was not preplanned and as my 2nd term of school is started, there will be slow updates of this book. I'll try to update frequently but can't promise. But there will be frequent updates of 'We're Brothers...' Hope you all will co-operate. Hoped you liked the chapter. Do Vote and Comment.

Chapter is unedited.

~Shreya