Chapter 10

Mahir got too hurt due to his words. His eyes brimmed with tears. He wiped them before anyone could see, though it didn't got unnoticed by both, and left the room in hurry, before he broke down completely. Kartik glared Veer, who looked away. Kartik shook his head in disbelief and left the room too. Veer looked at the door and let his tears down.

Veer: I'm really sorry Bhaiyya. Par agar maine aapse distance nahi kiya to... nahi, mai aapko kuch nahi hone dunga. I know aap bohot hurt hue ho. I know aap mera bhala chahte ho. You want me to move on from that past. Aur maine kya kaha? You always want me to remember it taki... I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I know, mai jo kar raha hu vo maafi ke layak nahi hai. I'm doing a sin by hurting you both. I'm sorry! Aap bhi mujhe aapse distance kijiye. I'm not worth of your love. I only deserveyour hate and not love. Please distance me. Mai aur pretend nahi kar sakta. Please.

He slept due to medicines effect and excessive crying.

At around 2 pm, Veer got up with a jerk. His forehead covered in sweat, breathing was uneven and eyes were heavy. He again had that nightmare. He rubbed his chest to even his breathings. Once it became smooth, he rubbed his eyes and face to calm himself. After he was calmed, he stumbled till the bathroom and got fresh. He went downstairs slowly. He settled on the dinning table and found his elder brothers already having their lunch. One servant came and served Veer, who barely ate anything. He was struggling to keep himself awake. He somehow finished half plate and was about to stand but Kartik stopped him. Veer looked at Kartik tiredly.

That's it for today.
Why would Kartik have stopped Veer?