Chapter 7

Veer pushed his plate aside, shocking and startling Kartik and Mahir.

Kartik (softly): Veer, baccha, kya hua? Why did you pushed the plate aside?

Veer (trying his best to be stern): Because I don't want it. I don't want to eat vegetables in breakfast. I want something like poha or upma. Serve me that.

Mahir (gently): Veer, you're weak so uncle said that you need to eat veggies. Please eat it, baby.

Veer (rudely): For your kind information, I'm not a baby. I'm an adult. And who is uncle to decide what should I eat or not. It's my soul decision. And I want to eat poha. So serve me that.

Kartik: Veer, tumhe poha chahiye right? Ok. Sheela Mavshi (maid), Veer ke liye poha banaiye please.

Sheela: Banati hu, Kartik sir.

Sheela went inside to make poha. Veer was shocked hearing that. He was not believing his ears. He was looking at Kartik without blinking. Kartik saw that and smiled, ruffling Veer's hair. Veer huffed and looked away.

Veer's POV
Ye kaise possible hua? Bhai never pays a heed to my tantrums phir aaj inhe kya hua? He easily said yes to my tantrum. Mujhe laga ye mana karenge. Mera ye plan to fail ho gaya. Par koi nahi. Aage ke plan mai fail nahi hone dunga. I know mai nahi chahta ki meri wajah se bhai aur bhaiyya hurt na ho, but I don't have any other option. I need to hurt them, for saving their lives. I'm sorry, Bhai.
End of POV

Mahir: Veer, kaha kho gaye? Look, tumhare pohe aagaye. Now have your breakfast. Mujhe tumhari aur nagging nahi chahiye as you are on medication and already tumne kal se kuch nahi khaya. So have it fast.

Mahir said in an irritating and annoying tone. Kartik put his hand on Mahir's shoulder and blinked his eyes indicating him to calm down. Veer started eating pohe without wasting a single minute, as he was very hungry. They finished their breakfast and Kartik went in his room and came back with medicines. Veer's eyes widened seeing them.

Veer: See, I'm fine. You don't need to worry. And, I'm not at all going to take them. They taste eww...

He said making faces which made him looked cute. Kartik bit his inner lip to control his smile. Mahir anger was rising minute by minute but he closed his eyes, not wanting to burst out on Veer.

Mahir (calm yet threatening tone): Veer don't test my patience. Take them or else no one would be worse than me. And you know that. Do you want it to happen?

Veer gulped and shook his head in no. He took the medicines and gulped them with lots of efforts.

To be continued...
Short and slow updates.
~Shreya