Chapter 11

One servant came and served Veer, who barely ate anything. He was struggling to keep himself awake. He somehow finished half plate and was about to stand but Kartik stopped him. Veer looked at Kartik tiredly.

Veer (tiredly): Please let me go.

But Kartik didn't listened him and made him sit on the chair. Veer closed his eyes due to dizziness. Kartik checked his temperature and sighed. The fever was not reducing at all. He shared a look with Mahir. Veer was breathing slight heavily with closed eyes. Both, Kartik and Mahir saw that. Kartik patted Veer's cheek to keep him awake while Mahir called the dr. Veer was hardly able to keep himself awake. He right now just wanted to sleep. Darkness was surrounding him and he wanted to slip in that darkness but Kartik was not allowing him to do so. Veer's head was spinning like hell. For him, blinking of eyes was also taking efforts. He felt like all of his energy is drained out. Dr. came in 15 minutes but those 15 minutes were not less than 15 hours for Veer. Mahir and Kartik took him in his room, followed by the dr. Dr. checked Veer and sighed. Kartik and Mahir were looking at their younger brother, who won and slipped into the deep slumber without any worries. His face was red and breathing uneven. They looked at the dr. for an explanation of his condition. Their eyes were welled up.

Dr: Kartik, is he under stress?

Kartik: Don't know, uncle. He is not opening up in front of us. He is behaving like he hates us. He wants to distance us from him. He is burying his true feelings.

Dr: If it's as you say, then it's harmful for his health. Kartik, you very well know his past. So you should take care of him. Something is haunting him. Somethings that are happening around him are taking him back to his past. The more he tries to forget it, by double force he remembers it. He is getting frequent nightmares which is not good for him. He is mentally disturbed. He wants someone who will love him, care for him. And I know, that someone is you two. He is craving for love and care. Something is their which you need to find out soon.

Mahir: We are trying, Uncle. But every time we try, he pushes us away from him. We too know that something is bothering him but he is not at all ready to share with us. Then what should we do, Uncle? Please help us. Please!

Dr: Mahir, don't cry baccha. I'll surely help you both. Veer is like a child to me too. And I can't let my child suffer. But the only possible thing we could do is, make him open. He needs to tell what he is feeling and all instead of hiding it in heart. If he subsides his feelings, then those incidents would haunt him forever. And he would never be able to recover from them.

Kartik/Mahir: No uncle. We won't let this happen.

Dr: Always be with him though he is wrong. Don't live him alone.

Kartik/Mahir: Always uncle.

Dr: Ok, I have sedated him to reduce his temperature and calm his running mind. Let him rest as much as he can. And if he is doing it on someone's sayings, then keep all the important things like deal papers, property papers out of his touch.

Kartik and Mahit nodded. Dr took his leave. A tear rolled down from both's eyes, seeing their brother's condition.

That's it for today!