Chapter 12

Kartik and Mahit nodded. Dr took his leave. A tear rolled down from both's eyes, seeing their brother's condition.

Kartik sat beside Veer and was keeping cold water strips on his forehead to help him reduce the fever. Mahir was also rubbing Veer's palm. After 2 hours, finally Veer's fever reduced but Veer was still asleep due to weakness and higher dosage of medicines. Kartik and Mahir were waiting for Veer to be awake. That's when Kartik saw Veer's movements. Veer was opening his eyes but closed it immediately. After adjusting to the light, he opened his eyes and tried to sit. Kartik supported him. Though the fever was reduced, Veer's head was still aching badly. He clutched his hairs in his fist. That's when he felt someone giving him massage. He knew it was his Mahir Bhai. He was feeling relaxed by the massage. Kartik checked his fever, it was 98. Both, Kartik and Mahir sighed in relief. Kartik went and came back with soup. He forwarded a spoon infront of Veer's mouth who turned his face the other side. Kartik sighed. It was going to be tough feeding soup to this boy as he hate soup. Kartik again tried but of no use.

Kartik: Veer, agar tune soup nahi piya to I swear, mai uncle ko bolke tumhe 2 injection lagwaunga. Do you want that? Now you decide soup better hai ya shots.

Veer's eyes widened. He couldn't believe that his elder brother was blackmailing him using his fear for injections. Veer quietly took the offered spoon and drank the soup. Kartik smiled and kept feeding him, who too finished it without throwing any tantrums. After finishing, Kartik wiped Veer's mouth and kissed his forehead and went to keep the bowl. Veer looked at Mahir, who was still massaging his head, and held his hands in his own.

Veer: No need to massage more. It's reduced. Thanks.

Mahir smiled. Kartik came back with water and forwarded some medicines to Veer, who was just staring them. Sorry, sorry, not staring, infact glaring them.

Kartik & Mahir (in unison): Khana hai, ghurna nahi.

Veer huffed and took them with lots of efforts. After gulping them down, he made a 'yuck' face. Kartik and Mahir were adoring their baby brother, who was looking so cute while making faces.

Kartik: Ok. Veer, you are not going to college tomorrow. You are going to rest full day.

Veer was going to say something but stopped and nodded when Kartik and Mahir glared him.