Chapter 20

After pouring out all the feelings Veer had subsided in this 1 week, he felt relaxed. After calming down, Veer broke the hug. Raghav wiped his as well as Veer's tears and ruffled Veer's hair.

Raghav: Take care. Ab aur no rona dhona. Mai chalta hu. Milne aata rahunga. If you are ok.

Veer nodded. Raghav smiled and left from there. Kartik and Mahir saw Raghav's tear stained face but decided not to ask anything. They entered in Veer's cabin. They sat beside him and Kartik caressed Veer's hairs with a soft smile. To their shock, Veer too smiled back.

Kartik: Are you alright?

Again to his shock, Veer hugged him tightly. Kartik too hugged him back.

Veer (snuggling into hug): I'm sorry, Bhai. I hurt you both a lot. I'm sorry.

He said crying. They both were shocked. Is any kind of Shock Day today? It's hatric of shocks. But they were relived as Veer was finally opening up after a dealy week. Mahir rubbed Veer's back. Veer broke the hug and hugged Mahir tightly.

Veer (in between sobs and hiccups): I'm sorry, bhaiyya. Maine kya kuch nahi kaha aapko. I said you don't.... I'm sorry. Sach me sorry.

He was crying badly. Kartik and Mahir were trying to calm him.

Mahir: It's ok, baccha. It's ok. Tumhari koi galti nahi hai. Hume pata tha ki koi to tumhe pressurise kar raha tha. Ab when you are finally opening up, tell us that person's name. Use chodenge nahi. How dare he used our baby bro?

Veer tensed up. He couldn't tell the name. That would broke them. They blindly trusts Raghav and when Raghav himself has promised him that he will not harm his brothers nor him, then it would be wrong telling his name. Everyone should get atleast one chance to mend their mistakes and to change themselves. It would be unfair with Raghav if his name would be disclosed without giving him one chance. Hence, Veer thought to hide his name.

Veer: Uh...Bhaiyya, the kuch seniors who bullied me. Chodo na. Aap ye batao aap Raghav Si- I mean Raghav Bhai ko kaise jante ho?

Mahir: Raghav? Usne tumhe bataya nahi?

Veer: Uh...no. Actually hum ek hafte pehle hi mile so. Aap batao na.

Mahir: Raghav aur mai school se buddies hai. Hum ek hi school me the. Infact ek hi class me. Hum na bilkul Jai Veeru jaise the. Best Friends. Vo mera 9th me friend bana. He was totally an introvert. Mai bhi kaha extrovert tha? Uska koi dost nahi tha. Humesha akela rehta tha. Ek din...

It was starting of 9th standard. Mahir had came early to school than usual. He entered his class, kept his bag on his bench and went in the corridors. He was roaming around when one boy pushed him. Thankfully, Mahir didn't got any harm. That boy along with his friends, started laughing on Mahir. Mahir felt embaraced. Suddenly another boy came and punched that boy. That boy got furious but the another boy called the teacher. As all that incident happened near staffroom, teachers came out in no time. They saw the scene and understood what had happened. They took the boy and his gang to the Supevisor. That another boy forwarded his hand infront of Mahir, to help him. Mahir took his support and got up.

Mahir: Thank You somuch for saving me. Btw I'm Mahir. You?

Raghav: Raghav.

Mahir (forwarding his hand): Friends?

Raghav thought for a while and agreed. From that day, they became best friends.

Mahir: Par ek mahine baad Mumma Papa hume chodke chale gaye to use kabhi aa logo se milana nahi hua. Luckily vo mere college me bhi tha par Bhai pe kaam ka load aata tha to maine 2nd year me hi college chod diya. Agar college continue karta to aaj uske saath mai bhi usi college me tumhara senior hota. Par koi nahi ab vo hai na, to mujhe tumhari milkul chinta nahi. Tum bhi batao, tum dono ki pehechan kaise hui?

Kartik: Veer, tumhe achanak se panic attack kaise aaya? Kya hua tha? I know Raghav ne kuch deliberately nahi kiya hoga par phir bhi kya hua tha?

Veer tensed up listening them. He was thinking what to tell when he got an idea.

Veer: Actually 1 week pehele mujhe kuch ladke bully kar rahe the. Tab Raghav Bhai saved me. To aise humari pehechan hui. And abhi actually vo boys mujhe dhamka rahe the ki mai aapko hurt karu. Unhe aapki ek deal flop karni thi. Isliye vo mujhe dhamka te the. Raghav Bhai ko ye sab kal pata chala. Vo mujhe bol rahe the don't do this. Par vo ladke mujhe aapki jaan ke vaaste dhamka rahe the. So I agreed. Raghav Bhai ko ye pasand nahi aaya. Vo mujhe samjha rahe the ki hum koi aur raasta nikal sakte hai. Pa mai nahi sun raha tha. He tried explaining me softly par phir unhe gussa aaya jab mai vahase bina sune nikal raha tha. He grabbed me by my hand and pinned me to the wall. Aur gusse me mujhse baat karne lage. Par that triggered me aur mujhe vo past wala yaad aane laga and mujhe panic attack aaya. Vo bohot dar gaye aur unhone mujhe yaha laya.

Veer's eyes teared up at last. Kartik wiped them and hugged him followed by Mahir. Their brotherly moment was broke as Dr. Naitik entered.

Naitik: Kartik, you could take Veer home. But see to it ki he takes rest. Veer, jyada stress nahi lena. Kuch bhi ho to apne Bhai ko ya dost ko batana. Andar hi andar use chupa mat dena. OK?

Veer nodded. Naitik smiled and they left greeting him and paying the fees.

That's it for today!

Do let me know how was the chapter.
VOTE & COMMENT

Do you think, Veer did right by protecting Raghav?

Note: I won't be able to upload any chapter till 26th March due to my board exams.