Chapter 8

Veer gulped and shook his head in no. He took the medicines and gulped them with lots of efforts.

Mahir: Good Boy.

He caressed his cheek who looked down, biting his inner cheek. Veer removed Mahir's hand and was about to go but Kartik stopped him by his hand. He looked back at Kartik who made him sit and give him thermometer. Veer held it and looked at Kartik confusedly.

Kartik: Idiot, it's for checking your temperature. You have fever from last night. Now check it.

Veer was about to say no but stopped and put the thermometer in his underarm when he saw his elder brothers glaring him. After a minute, he removed it and give it to Kartik. Kartik sighed reading the temperature. Fever was still high. He kissed Veer's forehead.

Mahir: Go and rest in your room.

Veer nodded and went in his room. He laid on the bed as tears started brimming in his eyes.

Veer: I'm sorry Bhai! Maine itna bura bartav kiya aapse still you both are caring for me. I too don't want to hurt yo both or distance myself from you, but I'm helpless. I have to do this. I'm doing this just for the sake of your lives. Ho sake to please mujhe maaf karna.

He was silently crying when his phone ranged. He wiped his tears and took his phone. He stared the unknown number, thinking if he should pick it or not. Yet, he picked it. He was shocked hearing the person on other side.

(Phone conversation in bold)
Sm: Kaise ho, Silent Boy?

Veer (in pure shock): Raghav?

Raghav: Sir, call me Raghav Sir. Anyways, college kyu nahi aaye? Khabardar agar kisiko ye sab bataya to. You know na, what will happen then?

Veer: Y-yes. Mai ne kis-kisiko nahi bataya. I-I swear.

Raghav: College kyu nahi aaye?

Veer: Vo, I-I'm not well. I-I have fever. To I w-woke up late.

Raghav: Ok. Kaam kaha tak complete hua? I swear Veer, if you're messing around me, the consequences would be worst. Remember it. Hope you will not forget it. Anyways, come and meet me in 1 hour.

Veer: I-I swear I'm not messing around. I'm doing as said. And I'm sorry but I can't come.

Raghav: You know right, I don't like to hear 'no'?

Veer: My bhai will not let me come. Please understand. I've fever that too high, please. I doubt even if I could come to college tomorrow. Trust me, mai unse distance banake rakh raha hu. Please.

Raghav: Thik hai. You're not well isliye mai jane de raha hu. Itna bhi bura nahi hu ki kisiko bukhar me milne bulau vo bhi aise kharab mausam me. Jab college ajaoge tab millunga. Abhi take care and rest.

Veer: Thank-you Raghav sir.

Raghav ended the call. Veer unknowingly was smiling staring the screen. He came back to reality when he heard a knock.

That's it for today!
Is Raghav really bad or something has made him like that?
To be continued...
~Shreya