𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

◦╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╱◇╲╳╳╳╳╳╳╳◦

◦╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╱◇╲╳╳╳╳╳╳╳◦

 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚛'𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚕.

 - 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐

I wake up to Winnie knocking on my door telling me to start to get ready for the training. I get out of bed and just wash my face because I'm just going to get sweaty throughout the day.

I walk out of the bathroom and put on my training outfit, which is just black leggings and a black compression shirt with green sleeves. I put a pair of black sneakers on and walk out of my room.

I head to the table which is already full of food and sit next to Adrian. Finnick is sitting across from me and Cody is sitting in front of Adrian. Winnie is sitting next to me and I try to make conversation with her.

I somehow got into a conversation about designers and food. Talking to Winnie is kind of comforting, she's not as bad as I thought she was.

Someone clears their throat and I turn to see that it's Cody. "Okay, now that I have your attention." he says, looking in my direction. "I need you to follow my directions. You try and make friends," He says pointing at me. " and you try to get some survival skills. I don't want either of you to show your skills. It would show the careers your weakness or your skill and try to take it away from you."

"How will we practice our skills though?" I ask. I haven't worked with knives in a while and I need to practice.

"We have time to have private sessions with our tributes so we can work on your skills. That's when you can work with your knives." Cody tells me. "I know you might want to team up with Adrian so try to help him a bit in there, but also try to make friends with the others."

"If you really want to train knives today you can try and work on them when no one is looking." Finnick says. I look at him to see him already looking at me. I know he is just trying to help me so I just nod my head and don't pay attention to him anymore.

"When both of you are done Cody will escort you down to the training room." Winnie says, sensing the awkward tension between me and Finnick.

When we are finished eating Cody takes us to the elevator and we head down to the training floor. When we are down on the floor before I walk in, Cody stops me.

"Remember What I told you. Also don't let what happened with Finnick last night mess up your training."

I nod and head into the room.

People are gathered in a circle around a woman named Atala.

"24 of you are here today. Only one of you will come out of that arena. Some of you will die of infection. Some will die of dehydration or starvation. All of that depends on how you choose to spend your time today and for the 2 other days you are here is what decides your fate." She continues talking while I look around. I see all of the Districts looking intently at Atala. As I look around more I see the District 12 male looking at me. I'm pretty sure his name is John. I look right back at him. I don't get intimidated very easily when I have been standing up for me and my siblings for almost 2 years.