𝐏𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐬

◦╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╱◇╲╳╳╳╳╳╳╳◦

◦╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╱◇╲╳╳╳╳╳╳╳◦

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚞𝚛𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 

 - 𝙳𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚊 𝙻𝚊𝚖𝚊 

Piranhas.

"GET OUT! IT'S PIRANHAS! GET OUT!" I scream. I swim as fast as I can to get to the lakes edge. I turn to see if John is close behind me. I see that he is struggling, so I turn around.

"GRAB ON! NOW!" I yell. He grabs on to me and I start swimming back. I get bit a couple of times, but I'm so high on adrenaline that it barely hurts.

We get to the edge of the lake and John gets off me and starts walking to sit on the sand. I get out too.

"Holy fucking shit." I say as Adrian comes up to me.

"What just happened? I thought piranhas were a myth."

"Well I thought so too. I think they are only down in the south."

"Cordelia, sit down. You're bleeding." A soft voice says. I look down and see multiple bite marks. I giggle. "Why are you laughing? This is a serious thing. Sit down." I comply mostly because I know how it feels like to be in charge and have people not listen to you.

"We have a med kit in that backpack." I say pointing toward the green backpack with a machete on the side. I laugh again seeing my blood on my clothes.

"Cordelia seriously, why are you laughing?" I look at Adrian.

I smile and say, "Because I was just covered in someone else's blood and now I'm covered in my own."

"That's not something to be laughing about. Do you need food?" Now that I think about it I realize I haven't eaten since before the arena and that was a little more than a day ago. I nod my head.

"Okay, we will try to get some food." From the corner of my eye I see Rose coming back with the backpack.

"Fix him first. He has never been bit by something like that before." I say pointing to John. I turn to Adrian and put my hand in front of my mouth and whisper, "Because he's from 12." Adrian just rolls his eyes so I look at him and say, "What? I have been bitten by a snapping turtle twice. Their jaws are strong. Almost ripped a chunk of my hand off and then one bit me in my side. Wanna see the marks." Adrian just smiles at the stories from district 4. It must remind him of home.

"You know, looking at these bites, they look deeper than they should be."

"Maybe they're Capitol made?" Rose suggests as she continues to tend to John's bites. He definitely got the most. He has them up his legs and on his side. Mine is just on my legs, but I still have a lot on me.