𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

𝙳𝚎𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚜𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗

 -𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚎𝚝 𝙵𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑

◦╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╱◇╲╳╳╳╳╳╳╳◦

"She hasn't come out of the room to eat at all." I hear a muffled voice say from outside the door.

"You just need to give her time. Everyone deals with the news differently." Another muffled voice says.

I haven't left the bed since I got there. We are on the train back to 4. After I threw up in the garden Finnick had to tell the women he was with that he had to end early and we left. We came back to the train and I tried to scrub everything that felt wrong on my body.

I haven't gotten up to use the bathroom or to eat. I feel if I try to eat I would just throw it up anyways. I just need time to process what the rest of my life is going to look like.

What I see the rest of my life looking like is men having me in their bed, hiding my relationship with Finn, and being one of the most desired victors.
I hear the doors open, but I don't make the effort to turn my head to look at who opened the door. The bed dips down, but I still don't look. "Dels." Finn's soft voice says. He's trying to get me to look at him. "Dels please." I looked at him when he said that. He has so much desperation in his voice.

"Yes" I say with a sweet smile that doesn't quite reach my eyes.

"Are you alright?" He asks.

"I'm completely fine." I say with the same smile. "Are we almost home?"
"Dels..."

"I have no idea what you are worried about. I am perfectly fine. I have the perfect life. Perfect family. Perfect relationships. I have no idea what you are worried about."

"Dels you know exactly what I'm talking about."

"Finn..." I say, my voice cracking a little.

"Come here." He says barely above a whisper, opening his arms. I moved over to him. I'm sitting on his lap with my head buried in his chest and his arms around me.

"I don't want to do this." I cry. "I can't." He keeps his arms tightly around me as a cry. I can't help but feel small in this world. It feels like everything is coming down on me all at once. The world is crumbling and I'm the one who has to try and keep it from falling.

Everything I have known has been a lie. My parents' death. The consequences of people's actions and the glorious life of a victor. No one ever wins the games. You just merely survive it.

"We're going to work through this. We will get through this." Finn says.

We will make it.