𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐲

𝙶𝚘𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕, 

 𝙶𝚘𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕, 

𝙸 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝙸 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎. 

 - 𝚃𝚊𝚢𝚕𝚘𝚛 𝚂𝚠𝚒𝚏𝚝 (𝚆𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍'𝚟𝚎, 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍'𝚟𝚎, 𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍'𝚟𝚎) 

◦╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╱◇╲╳╳╳╳╳╳╳◦

It's been a couple of days since Annie won the games. I haven't been able to see her and if I tried to sneak into her hospital room, nurses would always end up blocking the room and locking the door.

I've tried to get Cody to talk to them for me, but he thinks it's for the better. He was the first person to see her and I don't think it's fair. I mean I was her mentor and the one to do everything to help her get out of that arena.

I try not to feel hurt about it, but I can't help it. I need to be able to see her and know that she is all right. That I helped her get out of the arena alive and not injured.

I get out of the bed and gently put the covers back on the bed to make sure I don't wake up Finnick. I quietly open the door and tip toe out into the kitchen where I make sure no one is there.

I sneak around the living room and open the door, sneaking out into the silent hallways. Everyone has gone back to their districts except the ones who have to stay for appearances at the party being held for the victors.

I don't think we will be attending that party this year though. I know what Annie went through there and that's the reason I didn't go to my party. Cody and Finnick took me home right away.

I tip-toe my way to the door that leads into the medical room where Annie is currently staying. I've tried to get any information from Cody about her condition, but he hasn't given me anything.

No one is at the door guarding it. Everyone must be sleeping or inside guarding the room she is in. I quietly open the door and look around. I don't see anyone around so I make my way to the room I know Annie is in.

The hallway is small. If I were to stand in the middle and reach my arms out to the side and tilt to the sides I would touch the walls. I don't like tight spaces. It makes me feel like I can't move and when I can't move I feel like I can't protect myself.

I make it to the room where Annie is currently sleeping. There is a small window that shows into her room. I peek in and see her red hair surrounding her face. She looks so pale.

I open the door and make my way into her room. I make sure to not make much noise so she doesn't wake up. I pull the chair next to the bed and sit down beside her.

I place my hand on hers. "You made it. I need you to get better now so you can go back home to your mom," I sigh.

I take my hand and wipe some of the hairs off her face. Her face and body is wet with cold sweat. I can only imagine what she is dreaming about, but I know it's not good.