III. New Number, No Thanks

You walked the two boys home, your Walkman once again playing. You didn't listen much to the boys talking in front of you, you were mostly gripping the cup with the phone number on it for dear life.

Was it Michael? Was he just giving you a number to play with you?

You gulped, trying to tune these thoughts out and just listen to your music.

You came up on your new home and saw your brothers run up the yard into the house, you drug yourself behind them, "definitely not gonna be seen running up a yard on my first day here, I'd like to leave a good impression on these people." You think to yourself.

Once you enter the house, you see some decorations already set up in the living room, small pictures and trinkets on the coffee table and fireplace.

"Oh! Y/N! How did you like the diner?" Your mother smiles, "It was fine," You pause, "I did not enjoy paying for those two though." You motion towards your brothers, showing off their prizes to your father.

"Oh dear, I completely forgot to give you money for them, I'm so sorry, I'll pay you back love." Your mom apologizes walking up to you and giving you a side hug.

"No, no, it's okay." You sigh, shaking your head slightly.

"Well okay then, your room is down that hallway, your boxes are already in there." Your mom smiles at you, patting you on the back.

You walk silently into your room, your Walkman filling your brain. The room was nice, freshly painted walls. Light gray. You nod, it wasn't so bad, but it wasn't your old room. Once you thought about that again, you were glad it wasn't your old room.

You begin to rummage through the boxes, trying to find the one with your bedding in it. Once you do, you put it on your bed and lay down. You don't go to sleep, you just simply sit there and think.

"Will this be better than our last move?" You wonder, "Who are our neighbors?" "Will I call Michael's number?" You shoot your eyes open, sitting up and shaking your head. You huff and begin to put your clothes away into your dresser.

About an hour later, as the sun is slowly going down, you stop to look out your window and look at the sunset. It was beautiful, sunsets were one of your favorite things.

You're ripped out of your thoughts by your father, "Y/N! Come here!" He yells, you groan and turn to walk out of your room.

You sit your Walkman down and walk out into the living room, where you suspect your father is.

You're correct, but he is not the only one in this room. Michael, and what seem to be his entire family are in the room.

Your eyes widen, and you look around awkwardly, smiling at the family. "Y/N, introduce yourself, these are our neighbors, the Afton's."

Oh.

Presumably, the husband and wife smile, "Hi, I'm Angeline." The woman says, she had blonde curly hair. The man, William, he said, had brown hair, about the same as Michael's, but it was shorter.

"Hi! I'm Y/N." You smiled sweetly, looking over the family, your eyes lingering on Michael's.

"Awe well aren't you beautiful, isn't she Elizabeth?" Angeline says, looking down at what you would guess was their daughter. "Yes!" Elizabeth grinned, running up to you.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, she loves people." Angeline apologizes, her face going a little red.

"Oh no worries at all, I love kids." You smile softly, you lean down to reach Elizabeth's height and smile.

"Hi Elizabeth!" You ruffle her hair, which was just as curly as her mother's, but in two pigtails and ginger. "Who's this?" You ask, motioning towards the small boy hiding behind Elizabeth.