XVII. The Aftermath, Again.

Life was not the same without B1/N. B2/N was definitely nowhere near his old self. He missed his brother unbelievably much, and so did you. Michael was with you almost every second of the day, never leaving your side.

"Y/N, wake up." Michael muttered, lightly hitting your arm as you roll around in your bed, slowly becoming conscious. You sighed exhaustedly, you had not been getting much sleep lately, and you really did not want to get up. You knew something had to give at some point, since school was starting up again soon.

"I'm really, really tired, Michael." You turn to face the blue eyed boy, his curls falling down in front of his face from looking down at you.

You chuckled tiredly, "You need a haircut." Michael rolls his eyes and grabs your hands, pulling you out of bed like you weighed nothing. It was kinda hot to be honest.

"I will get a haircut when I want to get a haircut, Y/N L/N!" He yelled, and you giggled, hobbling over to your dresser to find an outfit for the day.

You pulled out a random shirt, which ended up being a t-shirt and jean shorts. You turned towards Michael, and he smiled, quickly stepping out of the room to give you privacy to change.

You swiftly throw on the clothes, then walk into the bathroom where Michael is already waiting for you.

"Good morning, m'lady." He grins, leaning against the wall as he watches you begin to brush your hair. You do not respond, you just set down the hairbrush and whip your head around, taking a glance at the taller boy.

You then brush your teeth, the toothpaste slowly dripping down your chin. Michael sees this, and begins laughing... no.. more like howling.
Once you've spat the toothpaste out and cleaned your face, you turn and look up towards Michael with an unamused look on your face.

"It's not that funny." You hiss in a low voice, a small blush creeping up your neck and to your cheeks.
"Oh, Y/N, it's hilarious." Michael grins, purposefully pushing your buttons. You then decide to deliberately wack him on the arm before storming out of the bathroom.

"Come on, Y/N, it isn't a big deal." Michael sighs, trailing behind you.
His mischievous smile slowly begins falling as he follows you, he hadn't thought that him laughing would upset you so immensely.
"Y/N?" Michael whispers, his hand reaching out for your arm, not touching it though. You had stopped in your tracks, just standing there.

Your shoulders began shaking, quiet sobs racking out of you. Michael didn't leave you there, he quietly walked up behind you and wrapped his arms around your waist. He turned you towards him, but kept his hands on you.
"I know, love." He whispers. Michael knew the pain of losing a sibling, especially from how they had been lost.

"It will be okay." He whispers again, running his hands through your hair and humming quiet affirmations. You lean into the strong boy, sobs slowly fading into soft cries. Michael then moves his arms, wrapping them around your legs and picking you up.

You make a quiet whimper, surprised from the sudden movement. Michael doesn't question anything though, and walks you to your room. He lays you down down on your bed,
"Do you want me to leave?" He asks, looking down at you with a sweet face. You shake your head no and pat the spot next to you on the bed.

Michael smiles, and then falls into the bed.
"I will always be here for you, Y/N." He mutters, moving hair away from your face.
"I know." You whisper back, turning towards the boy.

He gives you a small smile, his head lying on his hand; squishing his face a bit. After a while, you fall asleep. The crying has tired you out, and you were in need of sleep anyway. Once he was sure you were asleep, he pulled you close to him and held you.  You leaned into him, the warmth helping you sleep.

You awoke to an empty bed though. The pressure behind your eyes returned, one small tear slipping out and sliding down your face.

You shook your head, you wouldn't cry over Michael. He probably needed to go home to do something. Once you got ahold of yourself, you realized there was a faint smell of... well something. You got out of bed, wandering into the kitchen to find Michael "cooking", if that's what you wanted to call it.

"What're you making?" You ponder, standing next to Michael now.
"I'm making you food." He says, turning towards you and smiling.
"Food is edible, Michael," you shake your head, staring down at the mess below you.
"Well, thank you, Michael." You whisper, looking up the brown haired boy. You weren't just thanking him for the food he had made you, but for being there for you. And so many more things.

He smiles, leaning down and leaving the ghost of a kiss on your mouth.