XVI. Another Birthday

You and Michael didn't label each other, you'd only kissed once.

You also didn't talk about the kiss. You two didn't want to be awkward, or end up ruining your friendship over feelings.

It had been a couple weeks since the kiss, and you two felt closer to each other more than anything else.

You woke up to a screaming household, which was surprising nowadays.

You quickly realized it was Michael's birthday and your eyes shot open.

You jumped out of bed, almost tumbling into the ground.

You ran to the bathroom, not paying attention to anything your family was saying.

You brush your hair and teeth, then take a shower.

Once you step out of the shower, you brush your hair again and run to your bedroom.

You throw on a pair of jean shorts, that were a little too old. And short, and definitely too old.

You then put on a tank top. It was late June now, and it was getting quite warm to say the least.

You open your closet door and grab the bag that had been sitting there for a while, also grabbing a pair of shoes and throwing them on.

You run out into the living room and see the remainders of the Afton's already there.

"Oh." You grin, waving at the three people sitting down on your couch.

"Hi." Michael grins back, jumping up and running into your arms.

"Hello." You chuckle, stumbling backwards as he pulls you into a hug.

"I can't believe I made it this far." Michael whispers, letting go of you and turning back around, standing next to you.

William smiles at you, "Hi, Y/N. It's been a while, hasn't it?"

You smile awkwardly back at the man, your feelings for him had change a wholeeee lot since the last time you'd seen him.

"It certainly has." You offer a small smile back, scooting a little closer to Michael.

Your mother and father look at each other, smirking. They noticed Michael and yours strange new behavior, and the purple tongues.

"Well! I must tell you, since you're the last one ready, that we will be going to Freddy's for Michael's birthday." William grins, clapping his hands together as he speaks.

You nod, pursing your lips into a thin line.

"Let's eat breakfast first, yes?" Your mother says, ending the awkward silence.

"Yes! Yes we shall." William replies, strutting into the kitchen.

Your parents enter the kitchen as well, leaving all the kids alone.

Your brothers chatter amongst themselves, not talking to Elizabeth anymore.

She didn't try to talk to anyone, though. Not even you.

You turned towards Michael, whispering, "Hold this, and DO NOT look through it yet, okay?" You say, gesturing to the gift in your hand, holding it up towards him.

He smiles softly, nodding and taking the bag.

He stands there silently as you walk up to Elizabeth, smiling nervously.

"Hi, Elizabeth." You give a little wave, sitting down next to the small girl on the couch.

"Hey, Y/N." She mutters, keeping to herself.