IX. Arguments

You wake up to a frantic knocking on your window,
"God! What is that?!" You mutter, realizing that you're still holding onto the picture frame.

It wasn't that late out, the sun was just beginning to go down.

You open up your curtains and see Michael standing there.

"Go away." You mouth, pointing out towards the window.

He rolls his eyes and walks away.

"Finally." You mutter under your breath, climbing back into your bed, staring at the picture.

You hear your dad talking to someone in the living room, your mom probably bought something stupid, as you would think from the tone of voice he was using.

You sighed, closing your eyes once again.

You heard a knock on your door, and then the sound of it opening, "Y/N." It was Michael.

"I thought I told you to leave." You mutter, keeping your eyes closed.
"You told me to go away." You could hear the smirk in his voice, "I got something for you."

You opened your eyes, staring down at the bag in his hands.

Michael sees that you're looking and hands the bag to you, "Uh- I broke your Walkman, again.. so I tried to find the same exact one." He says, looking down at the ground, he was not one to apologize.

"It's not gonna be the exact same, Michael!" You take a breath, "you do NOT just go around breaking people's things!" You look up at him, setting the bag down on your bed.

"Look- Y/N-" Michael tries to speak,
"No! Michael, I have been SO nice to you! I thought that you would've been nice too, with how you were at the diner! I've just-" You took another breath, running your hands over your face, "I've tried, Michael, I thought something was just going on, so I've been nice, expecting you to go back to how you were. I get we haven't known each other very long, but I've tried."

You turn and point to the Walkman, and look back at him,
"And that, that fucking Walkman can NOT replace the one you bought me, I appreciate that you tried to repair mine, but then you broke it. I get it, your brother said something that hurt you. But I told you, you could be nicer, Michael." You sigh, not wanting to tell Michael why you were so upset about the Walkman.

Michael sits down in your beanbag chair, processing your words.

"Y/N, I have been in last place, my ENTIRE life." Michael begins, "even when I was the only child, I had absolutely no attention, I was left to fend for myself."

You cut him off, "Michael, I do not want your fucking sob story, I could've given you one and I didn't, I gave you the straight fucking truth." You sigh, crossing your arms over your chest.

"Okay, okay, whatever." He sighs, standing up and looking down at you, putting his arms behind his head and taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, Y/N, I guess that's what I came here to say." He turned towards the door, not giving you time to respond before he walked out.

You sighed and walked out of your room as well, only after making sure that Michael had left.

You enter your brothers room, smiling down at the two boys as they play.

"Hey rockstars, mind if I join?" You ask, sitting down besides B1/N.

"Yeah Y/N! We'd love to play with you!" B2/N responds, handing you a race car toy.

"Oh alright, so what are the cars doing?" You ask, trying to take your mind off the past events, of a couple days if you were being honest.

"Well, they have to go to sleep soon since we have to eat dinner, we don't want them to wreck our room while we are gone." B1/N shrugs, zooming the car into the small parking lot toy the two shared.
"Okay, where do I park mine?" You reply, making a zig-zag motion with the toy.