XIII. The Party.

It was Evan's birthday, and you became unbearably sick.

You could barely even get out of bed. You really did not want to miss out though, you wanted to be there for Evan.

You sniffled as you stood up, wobbling to your bathroom to brush your teeth and hair.

You put on something decent, a pair of jeans and, a tank top, and a flannel.

You yawned and sniffled again, your throat sore.

You smile tiredly at your parents and siblings, "Are you ready to go, Y/N?" Your father asks, while your mother, on the other hand says, "Oh Y/N! You look deathly ill! You look like you could be dead!" She runs over to you, cupping your face and feeling your forehead.

"Thanks, mom. I'm fine, I just want to be there for Evan." You sigh, walking to the front door, holding it as your family exits the house.

"Well, let's just be careful with you, okay?" Your mother says, patting you on the shoulder as she walks to the car.

You sigh, throwing your head back against the seat as you close your eyes, awaiting the long day ahead of you.

The car stops, and you open your eyes, seeing that you've arrived at the diner.

You drag yourself out of the car and into the restaurant, which is not very full.

Maybe William closed it today, just for Evan.

You see Elizabeth, who is currently sitting next to Evan in a booth. They were quietly conversing as you walked up to them.

"Happy birthday, Evan!" You grin, reached out for a hug.

"Oh, Y/N, thank you." He smiles up at you, true excitement in his eyes.. for what seemed like, the first time since you'd met the Afton's.

He decided to hug you back, and you squeeze him lightly. "Do you feel old, Mr. Seven?" You grin, chuckling, your chuckle then turning into a cough.

Evan's laughs softly, "No, not really." He sighs, turning back towards Elizabeth, signaling that the conversation was ended.

You nod, leaving the two by themselves, sitting down in a nearby booth. You pull your knees up to your head, burying yourself in them.

You felt very lightheaded, and this adding to your sickness was not very great. You heard someone walk up to you, and you lifted your head slightly.

"New kid! Great to see you here," Michael says, pausing for a moment when he sees your face, "and looking the healthiest and greatest you have ever looked!" He adds, grinning.

You roll your eyes, "I don't want to bicker, Michael, it's your brother's special day." You cough, running a hand through your hair.

Michael scoffs, running off to find his friends again.

Mrs. Afton then comes over, sitting down across from you.

"Hi there, Y/N, love." She smiles sympathetically, "I see you aren't feeling so well, thank you for making the sacrifice of coming anyway." Angeline adds, reaching across the table and squeezing your hand.

"Of course, Mrs. Afton, I wouldn't miss it for the world." You smile softly, looking over to Elizabeth and Evan.

"He seems so happy." You say, your smile wider as you turn back towards Angeline.

"He is, he loves Elizabeth very much." She smiles, then averts her eyes away from yours.

"He loves Michael too, just- Michael is a teenager, you know." She sighs.