𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞

a/n: natasha takes care of you after a mission

Natasha's eyes widen ever so slightly when you stumble into her apartment, looking like absolute shit.

"You look horrible", she says softly.

You look at her, raising your eyebrows; that makes you wince in pain, as it caused you to stretch the scar over your eyebrow. You've just returned from a difficult mission and you're completely beaten up. Scars everywhere, blood in your hair, dirt on your cheeks. There's bruises on your ribs and thighs and you're pretty sure you sprained your ankle.

"Geez, thanks", you mumble. Your girlfriend comes closer, gently brushing a strand of sticky hair out of your face. You lock eyes with her, an apologetic smile spreading on her face.

"You know what I meant, baby."

Natasha takes your hand as she leads you into her bathroom, making you sit down on the edge of her bathtub. She opens the cabinet and grabs some disinfectant, antiseptic cream, cotton balls and bandages. Then she crouches down in front of you as she slowly opens your suit, peeling it off you and putting it aside.

You're only in your underwear now, but Natasha isn't paying any attention to that. Her focus is completely on your wounds, which she inspects closely before treating them. She sprays some disinfectant on them, cleans them with the cotton balls and gently smears the cream on before bandaging them. You watch her do that, melting internally at her being oh so sweet.

"What happened?", she finally asks, looking up at your face to gently clean it with a wet towel.

"I got slammed into the ground face first", you sigh. "And some dude swept me off my legs using a stop sign."

"What a dick." Natasha cleans and dabs a bit of cream on the wound as well, then she carefully places a bandaid on it. She makes sure it's nice and sticking to your skin, then she gets up and leads you into the shower.

You frown. "With the bandages? Shouldn't we have done this beforehand?"

She stops. "Right."

"Whatever. Let's just put some cling film around the bandages."

You've done that before. It worked pretty well, so it's worth another try.

When you're done, you get into the shower. Natasha joins you, turning on the warm water before instructing you to turn around. You feel her hands carefully brush through your hair, gently untangling all the knots as the warm water starts washing out the blood and dirt. You close your eyes as she puts shampoo into her palms and starts lathering it in, massaging your scalp and making sure it goes through the entire length of your hair.

In that moment, you feel like crying. You're already tired because of the mission, and Natasha being this sweet and loving to you only makes your emotions act up more. But you suppress the tears, squeezing your eyes shut as the woman behind you runs her hands over your body, distributing a vanilla-scented body wash and massaging your back. It feels like heaven.

You feel her lips against the back of your neck, leaving soft kisses on your skin as she puts her hands on your waist. Your back presses against her front, and you turn your head around to glance at her. Natasha smiles and kisses your jaw, making you smile as well.

"Feeling better?", she asks, her hands caressing your hips.

"Much better. Thank you."

"No need to thank me." The redhead reaches around you to turn off the water, then you step out of the shower. She wraps a thick white robe around you, tying the belt in front of your stomach and then lightly kisses your lips.

When you're both dressed, she grabs your hand and pulls you into the living room. There are lit candles on the shelves, blankets on the couch and two cups of tea steeping on the coffee table. You look at Natasha, smiling softly. She grins and sits down, still tugging on your hand and making you sit down next to her.

"All because I was on a mission?", you ask, tilting your head.

"I missed you", she clarifies. "Also, Fury told me how exhausting it was. I knew you'd need a nice little break."

You lean your head back, smiling. "I'm very lucky."

Natasha doesn't say anything, but instead pulls you into her arms. You rest your head against her chest, listening to her slow, steady heartbeat as she gently kisses the top of your head. You close your eyes when she starts raking her fingers through your hair, humming quietly.

You put on a movie that you barely end up paying attention to. Instead, your focus is on Natasha and her focus is on you.

As always, you end up on top of her, your face nuzzled against her neck and your arms wrapped around her waist. A fuzzy blanket is covering you both, and you smile to yourself when Natasha lightly tickles your neck. You lift your head, seeing a playful expression in your girlfriend's eyes as she cups your face.

You lean in, kissing her and tasting the apple tea on her lips and tongue. She sighs softly, her fingers instantly running through your hair.

"Maybe I'll go on missions more often."

"Don't you dare."