𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐧𝐢𝐜

a/n: you and nat have a picnic. kinda short 😔

Your suggestion of having lunch outside is welcomed with open arms.

Natasha loves the idea of picnics, she always has — to her, they are the embodiment of a normal family life in America, something she's always dreamt of having but never managed to get ahold of. And if that's what she wants, then you'll do everything in your power to make it happen for her.

She deserves it more than anyone else.

And when you ask her what she wants you to make for lunch, she gives you total creative freedom. She also offers to help you, and you can't possibly say no to that. Cooking with her is fun, even though it isn't one of her biggest skills.

"Chop the tomatoes", you instruct her, putting the red vegetables in front of her.

"This will be...?"

"A Greek salad."

"Oh, nice."

You smile and cut up a cucumber, adding it to the bowl in front of you. It's 10am on a sunny April Saturday. All of the windows of your apartment are wide open, letting in the fresh air and the sweet smell of blooming flowers. Both of you are in your pajamas, as you haven't bothered to shower and get dressed yet — you'll do that right before leaving.

You add strawberries, grapes, trail mix and sandwiches to the basket. Natasha also puts cookies in there, as well as a bottle of water. When you're done, the basket feels like it weighs more than you.

"How will we carry this?", you complain as you put it back down.

"I will. Don't worry about that, детка." She kisses your cheek. "Shower?"

"Yes."

. . .

Once you're freshly showered and ready, you grab the basket and go outside. You're wearing Natasha's hoodie, the fabric soft and smelling like her.

You decide to just walk along the coast next to the compound until you find a nice spot. You're walking next to each other, the basket between you as you're carrying it together — even though Natasha loves showing off her strength, she still admitted that the basket is too heavy for her to carry it on her own.

The weather is nice; mostly sunny, with a few clouds in the background. Maybe it'll rain tonight, you think. You wouldn't be against that, to be honest. You love rain.

After about twenty minutes of walking, you find a spot. The ground is covered in flowers, you have an amazing view of the ocean and you can't hear the traffic anymore. Looking at Natasha, you instantly know that she's thinking the exact same.

"Yes", she says before you're even able to ask her.

"Perfect."

You put the blanket on the ground and sit down, getting the food out of the basket. At first, both of you are completely focused on eating and barely talk. But when you start to feel more full, your attention shifts to the person next to you.

Natasha looks at you, smiling. "Thanks for this."

"Don't thank me", you reply, and she takes your hand into hers. "This is fun. I'm sure we'll repeat this sometime soon."

"I'd love that." She leans over and kisses your cheek.

It's always been nearly impossible for you and Nat to stay apart for longer periods of time, and today it's no different. She soon ends up in your lap, facing you, her legs around your waist. You run your hands underneath her sweater, feeling her warm skin. Her hair, wavy and barely reaching her shoulders, smells like her favorite shampoo, and her lips taste like strawberries as she kisses you. A silent gasp from your side allows her to slide her tongue into your mouth, making the thoughts in your head spin.