⑱+ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

a/n: some toxic!nat + some smut

(just to clarify: in my mind, natasha is the last person who'd be abusive/toxic in a relationship. but i'll admit that writing stuff like this is fun)

TW: abusive relationship, knife play, blood, verbal abuse, descriptions of a blade cutting skin...lmk if you find anything else

. . .

"I'm going out tonight", you say absentmindedly as you're rummaging through your vanity bag, searching for a lip balm you — seemingly — have lost. Then you finally find it, quickly fishing it out with a relieved expression on your face.

Natasha looks up from her laptop, frowning slightly. "With whom?"

"Wanda and some friends of hers. I don't really know." You glance at your girlfriend, seeing that way too familiar look in her eyes. Natasha leans back, crossing her arms in front of her chest as the sparks of jealousy start cursing through her veins. "What?"

She shakes her head, biting the inside of her cheek. "Nothing."

"Seriously, Nat. What is it?" You turn around to face her. Her eyes pierce into yours, making you want to melt into the floor. "You know Wanda. She's our friend-"

"I know her. But I don't know those friends she's bringing." Natasha's voice is quiet, sharp. You've heard this tone before, and it usually didn't mean anything good.

Yes, she's jealous. Possessive, even. What's hers is hers, and she has made that clear to you more than a few times.

"Natasha, it's just dinner at a restaurant", you say, still looking at her. Your heart feels like it's about to burst out of your chest.

Her eyes stay glued to your face as she stays completely silent. Then she gets up and slowly approaches you, making you back up against the door. She stops right in front of you, her eyes inspecting your face closely. You feel her one hand on your waist, squeezing slightly as her eyes stay glued to your expression.

You know what she's doing — Natasha's trying to assess whether you're telling the truth. Her trust issues go deeper than you'd ever think to be possible, and it's not rare for them to be on full display when talking about other people.

She leans in even closer, her nose mere inches away from yours. "Don't lie to me", she says quietly.

"I'm not", you say more defensively than intended.

Natasha's eyes narrow in an instant and she pushes you against the door again. "Watch your mouth", she says lowly, a threatening tone in her voice.

"Nat, it's a simple dinner. I swear."

A quiet breath escapes her, and you feel your back hit the wooden door once more. You press up against it, your hand balled to a fist as you clutch the lip balm. She notices that and is quick to grab your hand, prying it open.

"Don't even try", she whispers, taking the lip balm from you and sliding it into the pocket of her jeans.

"I wasn't going to."

She laughs silently. "Yeah, you know better than that."

You give her a pleading look. "It's just dinner. Dinner with friends."

The redhead stares at you, her fingernails digging into your waist. "We can have dinner here. Just the two of us, alone."

Your eyes close briefly at the sensation of her nails burying themselves in your flesh. "I made plans, though."

She pouts mockingly. "And I made plans to have dinner with my girlfriend. So cancel."

You swallow as you watch her expression, something inside you twisting and pulling. She slides her hand down to your thigh, grabbing it demandingly as her eyes stay glued to yours.