52

"Maybe it's time we have a man to man talk, hmm?" Udhay asked, appearing out of nowhere.
"Uh oh!"
Udhay stepped out into the backyard of the house through the kitchen door and Zian followed suit.

Zian looked around the place and the artistic gene in him ached to etch the place on a canvas.

"So?" Udhay raised an eyebrow, as he folded his arm across his chest and stared at Zian square in the eyes.

Zian shot a hesitant smile.

"Nice house.." Zian said, with an awkward chuckle.

"Thanks for the compliment. Now can we get to the point? Don't try to pretend that you don't understand what I am talking about." Udhay said sternly and Zian nodded his head.

"I will never do that, Sir. I know you are suspicious about my intentions with your daughter. I totally understand. My father would be the same if someone had their eyes on either of his precious daughters." Zian said politely.

"Neha is naive. Too naive to understand the workings of the world. She will not be able to bear with a heartbreak. So, I am telling you in advance, if your rich and wealthy bloodline makes you think that you have the licence to do anything with anybody..." Udhay trailed off in a warning tone and Zian understood the underlying threat.

The man wouldn't think twice before shooting him in the head if Zian has any intention to break his little girl's heart. Wealthy or not!

"I am in love with your daughter, Sir. We are not in any sort of relationship, if you are wondering. We have never said those words to each other. But I know she loves me. I don't know whether she understands the whole concept of being in love. But she knows that she is special to me. And that is enough for now. I will wait until she grows into a more mature woman and realise what exactly is that I feel for her.." Zian said and Udhay sized him up, listening clearly to the words that were coming out of the boy's mouth.

"Grows into a mature woman?" Udhay repeated Zian's words and Zian chuckled.

"A part of me knows that it might never happen. And I am actually in love with this Neha, who is sunny in nature, carefree, who speaks her mind without thinking twice and the Neha who innocently blurts out her malicious intentions where Pihu is concerned." Zian said with a chuckle and a smile made its way to Udhay's face, but he was quick to mask it.

"How do I trust you are being genuine?" Udhay asked, still suspicious.

"Everyone who knows me dearly clearly knows that I am in love with Neha. Even my family knows. And they already love Neha." Zian said and Udhay was surprised at that.

"Your family knows? Oberois, the wealthiest family in India, is okay with their son being in love with a normal middle class girl?" Udhay asked in surprise and Zian chuckled.

"My momma was a lower middle class girl, when papa met her and married her. A lower middle class orphan at that." Zian said with a shrug.

"But still, you might be a spoiled rich kid. How can I trust my baby's heart with you?" Udhay asked with a frown.

"We wash and fold our clothes ourselves, Sir. We make our bed ourselves. Our personal things were always done by us. Our momma was very adamant on making us do these chores since we were four. She didn't want us to grow up to be a set of spoiled rich brats who were waited on hand and foot by staff. She made sure of that." Zian said.
Udhay's gaze flickered with a mix of contemplation and understanding. It was clear that Zian was not the stereotypical entitled rich kid he had first assumed him to be.
Silence settled between them, the quiet evening breeze carrying their words away. Udhay's stern demeanour seemed to melt away as he regarded Zian more openly now. There was something genuine in the young man's eyes.
While he still had concerns, he was starting to see a different side of Zian – a side that wasn't just defined by his wealthy status.
"You seem different from what I expected," Udhay admitted, his arms relaxing a little. "But you have to understand, Zian, Neha is my world. I would do anything to protect her happiness."
Zian nodded, his own resolve unwavering.
"I completely understand, Sir. If it's any consolation, I have never been in a rush to rush into something serious with Neha. I believe in giving her the time she needs to truly understand her feelings."
Udhay studied Zian for a moment before sighing deeply.
"Look, I have seen the way she looks at you. The way her eyes light up when she looks at you. The way she tends to stick to your side always. But I also worry about the world you come from. It's not an easy one. Neha might not be able to handle that."
Zian's gaze didn't waver.
"I am willing to navigate whatever challenges come our way. I know there will be challenges, but I am not afraid to face them. And I promise you, I would never intentionally hurt her." Zian promised.
"Sir, if I may," Zian began hesitantly, "I would like to prove my intentions to you. Let me show you that I am completely in love with Neha. Let me earn your trust."

"Alright, Zian. But remember, don't think you can pull wool over my eyes just because you are an hour away from here. I have my people there and I can always have you under watch." Udhay warned.

"Feel free to, Sir. I have nothing to fear. My feelings are genuine and I have always believed in being truthful"

As they continued their conversation, the tension began to dissipate. Zian shared stories from his own upbringing, highlighting the values his mother had instilled in him. Udhay, in turn, opened up about his own experiences raising Neha.

"Udhay, what are you doing out there with the poor boy? Bring him in. Let him relax for a while before we go out." Poonam called out from inside the house.

A/n

Please do vote and comment!

Love ❤️