SHOT 59

Amar was frustrated beyond belief. He couldn't believe that Zahir and Zian would so mercilessly cut their beloved sister out of their life.

It has been two days since that evening when Zada went to confront her brothers.

They had shut the door on her face and Zada was heartbroken by their behaviour.

She had cried her heart out, sitting on the floor outside their bedroom.

It was evident that they could hear her cries from inside and they didn't come out to check on her and that made Amar more furious.

How could they do this to their sister?

"Enough of the crying, Zada." Amar said, as he pulled her up from the bed where she was curled up in for the last two days.

"I miss them.." Zada cried and Amar hugged her tightly.

"I told you to tell them that you choose them. I would have made things better with time." Amar said once again.

"I didn't want to lie to them anymore." Zada said softly.

Zada had spent the last two days in a state of despair. Her brothers' rejection and harsh words echoed in her mind, a constant source of pain and confusion. She couldn't understand how they could be so unforgiving, especially when they knew how much she loved them.

Amar had been a constant source of support during this difficult time. He stood by Zada, offering comfort and reassurance. He tried to help her make sense of the situation, but the pain lingered.

It was on the third day that Zada decided to make another attempt to reach out to her brothers. She couldn't bear the silence and the emotional distance any longer. Zada needed to let them know how much they meant to her, even if it meant facing their anger. And this time, she decided to do it without Amar by her side. She didn't want to infuriate her brothers more.

She knocked on Zahir's bedroom door once more and entered, this time with determination in her eyes. Zahir and Zian were surprised to see her back.

"Zada, what are you doing here?" Zahir asked, his expression a mix of surprise and anger.

Zada took a deep breath.

"I am not here to argue or to choose between you and Amar. I came to tell you how much you mean to me, and how much it hurts to be at odds with my own brothers."

Zian glanced at Zahir, his expression softer than before. Zada continued, her voice filled with emotion.

"You have been my protectors, my confidants, and my best friends for our entire lives. I would never willingly choose someone over you. But I can't give up on Amar, not when I believe in us. You have seen how he has changed, and I want you to see how much he cares about me."

Zahir and Zian exchanged a thoughtful look. Zada's words were heartfelt and sincere, and they couldn't ignore the pain in her eyes. They loved their sister deeply, and the thought of losing her was painful for them too.

But they know Amar. They have seen them in action. Breaking hearts left, right and centre.

The thought that he even dared to touch their sister was so f*cking unbearable.

Zahir spoke first, his voice less harsh than before.

"Zada, we don't want to lose you either. But we are scared. Amar is not how you think he is. He is a born player. He will hurt you, Zada. We cannot stand by and watch him play with your feelings and break your heart."

"He was. I know he was. But he has changed. He loves me." Zada argued, trying to make her brothers see sense.

"It is a very true saying. When people are in love, they turn blind and deaf. They become delusional. There is no point in trying to make you see sense." Zahir said furiously and walked out of the house.

Zian took a deep breath.

"I am on Zahir's side in this Zada. Think for yourself and choose better." With that said, he also walked out.

*****

As Zahir stormed out of the house, he found himself pacing down the quiet neighbourhood streets, his mind filled with frustration and concern for his sister, Zada.

He couldn't shake the feeling that she was making a grave mistake by getting involved with Amar, but he also couldn't deny the pain he had seen in her eyes.

Meanwhile, Khushi had been keeping an eye on the tumultuous situation. She had always had a complicated relationship with Zahir, a mix of rivalry and attraction. Her better judgement told her to stay out of it, but she couldn't help herself. She had a soft spot for Zada.

She approached him cautiously, and as she caught up to him, she said, "Zahir, you can't just walk away from Zada like that."

Zahir stopped and turned to face Khushi, his anger still palpable.

"And what would you suggest I do, Khushi? Stand by and let her get hurt?" He asked furiously.

Khushi crossed her arms, her frustration evident.

"Of course not. But what you did back there was not helping. You have to be there for her, even if you disagree with her choices."

Zahir clenched his jaw, a habit that Khushi had come to recognize as a sign of his inner turmoil.

"You don't understand, Khushi. I can't stand to see her hurt. Amar is a player, and he will break her heart."

"Funny coming from you, Zahir. It is like pot calling the kettle black. Aren't you a known playboy yourself?" Khushi asked sarcastically, raising an eyebrow.

Zahir's eyes widened in surprise, and then his anger flared once more.

"This is different, Khushi. I have my own code. I don't toy with people's feelings."

Khushi took a step closer to him, not backing down.

"Well, that's not the reputation you have built, is it? Zahir, you have been just as casual with relationships as Amar. You can't throw stones from a glass house."

Zahir's jaw clenched even tighter as he struggled to find a retort. He couldn't deny the truth in Khushi's words. He had worked hard to create that playboy image, though none of the stories were true. But Kushi doesn't know that and he is not going to open up to her either.

"You are a playboy and a bad boy rolled into one, Zahir. And you have no right to judge Amar when you yourself are a playboy." Khushi complained and Zahir felt his control breaking.

Already he was worried about Zada and now Khushi's words are only managing to annoy him more.

"And you know what these badboys and playboys rolled into one monster do, Khushi?" Zahir asked in a dangerously low pitched voice.

Khushi raised an eyebrow at him.

Before she could respond to his question, Zahir pulled her towards him and kissed her hard.

A/n

Here goes the next shot..

Please do vote and comment..

Love,

SF ❤️