SHOT 62

"Call Amar.." Zahir demanded as he pushed past Zada into the apartment. Hearing the voice, Amar, with the patch up works on him, came to the living room.

Zahir's lips thinned in annoyance when their doubt was confirmed. Amar really was with Zada for the last two hours.

"Now what?" Amar asked tiredly, as he took a seat on the couch.

"Zada, do you know that Amar has been seriously involved with a girl whose name starts with M? Amar had even discussed that with Zian.." Zahir said and waited for the argument to break out...

"Seriously? This is what you ran in for?" Amar asked sarcastically.

"What? You claim to be in love with my sister. But you already once told Zian that the girl you love is named with the letter M." Zahir said and Zian nodded agreeing to him.

"I meant Zada only.." Amar said calmly.

"Don't think of making up any stories.." Zahir warned and Amar rolled his eyes.

"Stop being prejudiced for a moment, can you?" Amar asked tiredly.

"Tell us then, Amar. I remember having a discussion on this with you once. I saw her number was saved in your phone as M. And you told me you were serious about her.." Zian pointed out.

"Make a call to my phone." Amar turned towards Zada and said.

Zada, who understood what was going on, took her phone and dialled Amar's number.

Amar's phone rang and he raised his phone and showed the boys the phone screen, which displayed the letter M.

"What is this? Why is Zada's number saved as M?" Zahir asked with a frown.

"Because I call her Mirrie.." Amar said and Zahir laughed.

"You call her by that stupid horse's name?" Zahir asked and Amar frowned.

"That is not a stupid horse. That's her dream project." Amar snapped and a small smile made its way to Zahir's and Zian's lips.

A man who is even fighting with them for their sister's imaginary character. Who could love her better than him?

Zahir and Zian exchanged a knowing look, attempting to suppress the emerging smiles.

"Amar, that doesn't change our opinion about you. We are still not sure if you are good enough for Zada," Zahir stated, maintaining a stern expression.

Amar furrowed his brow, utterly baffled by their persistence despite his attempt to clarify the situation.

"Seriously? You guys are taking it too far." he retorted.

"We have heard enough from you," Zian added, crossing his arms.

"But you know what? We will give you a chance to prove yourself. We want to see how well you know Zada." Zahir said.

"Alright, I am in. Ask away," Amar said, accepting the challenge, not keen on losing the ground he had gained with them.

Zahir smirked.

"What is Zada's favourite colour?"

"Blue," Amar answered swiftly.

"Her favourite vacation spot?" Zian added a hint of challenge in his voice.

"Paris. That is the first place she went on a vacation at the age of five. That remains her favourite place even now." Amar answered confidently.

"What's her favourite movie?" Zahir inquired further, impressed but trying to mask it.

"Princess Switch. It is a Netflix exclusive movie. She loves it and she made me watch it and I tell you.." Amar trailed off when she saw Zada glaring at her.

The brothers exchanged glances. They know Zada loves that movie. She had once forced them to watch that movie with them, so they knew what Amar was about to say.

"You are good with the easy ones. How about her most annoying habit?" Zian spoke up

Amar paused for a second, recalling the moments they've shared.

"Obsessive note taking or making lists" he admitted, grinning.

"Excuse me.." Zada interrupted, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Okay, it is annoying, but at the same time endearing too." Amar said sheepishly.

Zahir and Zian shared a quick, surprised look, slightly acknowledging Amar's accuracy.

Zada was both entertained and slightly embarrassed by the turn of events. Her brothers had pushed their testing a bit too far, but Amar was handling it like a champ.

"What else do you know about her?" Zian asked, still trying to maintain a stern demeanour.

"Her favourite flowers are roses. She volunteers at a local library where she reads stories for children during the weekends.. And her dream project is to publish her own children's book which she is working on right now.," Amar said, now looking directly at Zada, who was beaming with pride.

The brothers looked at each other, seemingly impressed.

"Alright, Amar," Zian admitted reluctantly. "It seems you do know Zada quite well."

"But this doesn't prove anything. We want to see how far you are willing to go to keep her in your life." Zahir said.

"Seriously? What is this childishness now?" Amar asked, rolling his eyes.

Zada tried to stifle a laugh. She was both amused and exasperated by her brothers' persistence. She knew there was more brewing under their façade of sternness.

"Zahir is right. You want to be with Zada, you gotta prove it," Zian added, suppressing a smile.

Amar sighed, realising this was about to become a challenging game.

"Okay, what do I need to do?" he asked, looking at the brothers in disbelief.

"We have a task for you," Zahir stated, his expression quite serious. "We want to see if you are really in this for the long haul."

Zian nodded in agreement.

"You will need to complete three tasks to win our approval." Zahir said.

Amar raised an eyebrow, a mix of confusion and amusement playing on his face.

Three tasks? Seriously, Amar wondered in exasperation.

It's like they are hatching Mission: Impossible for my love life, he thought with disbelief.

But then again, Zada's brothers aren't exactly handing out brother-in-law status like it's candy.

Alright, boys. Challenge accepted. Let's hope this doesn't end up like a rom-com disaster.

"Three tasks? Alright, I am intrigued. What do I need to do?"

"Here you go..."

A/N

Here goes the next shot!

Please do vote and comment..

Love,

SF❤️