Shot 53

Spending two absolutely beautiful days in Neha's hometown, the squad returned reenergized for their university. The laughter they had shared, the memories they had created – all of it had solidified their bond even further.

With the scent of nostalgia hanging in the air, they eagerly resumed their academic routines, their minds still filled with the warmth of the moments they had cherished together.

A week passed by quickly, and the squad members found themselves occupied with helping the girls settle into their chosen apartment.

Furniture was moved, shelves were organised, and endless debates ensued about where each picture frame should be placed on the wall.

Amidst the chaos, they shared laughter, a few playful arguments, and even managed to cook up a meal together that could only be described as 'experimental' and resulted in what you could call a 'disaster.'

The weekend approached, and the Trivedi twins received a call summoning them back home. Neha, tagged along, eager to meet her lovely uncles and aunts in the Trivedi family.

In a parallel sequence of events, the Oberoi triplets also received their own version of a "Oberoi summon," but Zada chose to bow out, citing the urgent need to complete an assignment.

This left Zahir and Zian with the task of journeying to Mumbai, leaving their sister behind at the university.

In truth, this was exactly what Zada had hoped for.

The absence of their squad members meant she had the space to confront Amar and make amends.

She couldn't bear the thought of letting their misunderstanding fester any longer. Her heart ached for him, and every moment without his presence seemed to amplify the void between them.

She knew it was her lack of trust that had driven them apart, a cloud of doubt that she had allowed to cast a shadow over the beautiful bond they had shared.

As she stood in her room, staring at her reflection in the mirror, Zada took a deep breath and decided it was time to face the music.

Gathering her courage, she headed to Amar's favourite spot on campus when he was alone – the old oak tree behind the main campus.

The wind rustled the leaves as Zada approached the tree, and there he was, sitting on the familiar bench scrolling through his phone. His gaze lifted from the phone screen as he sensed her presence.

There was no surprise seeing her there. It was as if he was expecting her arrival.

"Amar," she began, her voice tinged with a mix of apprehension and determination. "I need to talk to you."

He locked his phone and pocketed it, and then looked at her, his face devoid of any expression.

"Zada? What is possibly there to talk about?" Amar asked coolly.

It hurt her. The way he called her Zada. He never calls her Zada. She is always Mirrie for him. His special name for her. He had only ever used her given name a couple of times when he was annoyed with her.

"Amar, I am so sorry. I should have trusted you. I let my doubts get the best of me, and I hurt you in the process." she said, her voice quivering with sincerity.

Under the shade of the old oak tree, Zada's heart raced as she looked into Amar's eyes, seeking understanding and forgiveness.

Amar's expression was bland. He sat still, waiting for her to speak. Taking a deep breath, Zada began to share her innermost thoughts.

"Amar," she began, her voice soft but determined, "I need you to know why I acted the way I did. It's not an excuse, but I want you to understand where my doubts came from."

"Zada, I am listening. Please, go ahead." Lian said, his stance softening a bit.

"Your playboy past always made me feel insecure. It wasn't just about the fact that you had a fling ages ago – it was more about my own doubts and fears. I started comparing myself to those girls from your past, wondering if I was good enough, if I could keep you interested in the long run."

Amar's brow furrowed with genuine concern.

"Mirrie, you are more than enough. You are unique, amazing, and you make me happy in ways I never thought possible." Amar said honestly.

Her heart swelled when she finally heard him call her Mirrie.

She appreciated his words, but there was more she needed to say.

"I know you chose to be with me, and I trust you now, but in that moment, I let my insecurities cloud my judgement. I let myself believe that someone as popular as you could never truly want to be with me." Zada said softly.

Amar's thumb gently brushed against her hand, a soothing gesture that encouraged her to continue.

"And then, when I heard Heera speak. You had a fling with her. And her words, fun and night. I let my imagination run wild. I imagined you two sharing those intimate moments, and it made me feel small and insignificant. I should have talked to you about my feelings, but instead, I let them fester until they turned into this mess."

Amar's gaze softened as he listened attentively.

"Mirrie, I am sorry for not realising how much my past could affect you. I never meant for any of it to come between us. My history doesn't define who I am now or who I want to be with. And please believe me when I say that you are anything but insignificant."

Tears welled up in Zada's eyes as she felt the weight of her feelings being acknowledged.

"Amar, I know I messed up, and I am sorry for not trusting you. I should have seen through my own fears and realised that you chose me for a reason."

Amar leaned closer, his voice soft and sincere.

"Mirrie, you are not alone in this relationship. We both have insecurities and vulnerabilities, but what matters is that we communicate and support each other through them. I am here for you, to listen, to understand, and to reassure you whenever you need it. I apologise for ignoring you all these days. And I didn't choose you, Mirrie. I fell in love with you." Amar said and Zada smiled through her tears.

He wiped away a tear that had escaped her eye, his touch gentle and comforting. Zada felt a warmth enveloping her as she realised that he truly cared, that he wasn't dismissing her feelings.

"Amar," she whispered, her voice wavering, "I love you, and I want to build something strong with you."

He smiled warmly, his eyes never leaving hers. "Mirrie, I love you too. And I believe in us. We can work through anything together."

She nodded, feeling a sense of relief she hadn't anticipated. In that moment, beneath the rustling leaves of the oak tree, Zada knew that their love had weathered a storm and emerged stronger than ever.

Amar pulled her into a gentle embrace, holding her close as if to convey that he was there to stay.

"We are a team, Zada," he whispered against her hair. "No matter what comes our way, we will face it together."

And as they held each other, Zada realised that her willingness to share her insecurities had opened a door to deeper understanding and intimacy in their relationship.

The past was behind them, and the future stretched before them, filled with the promise of mutual support, trust, and a love that had proven itself resilient.