SHOT 63

"Seriously? Tasks?" Khushi asked in disbelief as they settled around a table in the university cafeteria the next day.

"Right. They want me to perform three tasks that prove to them that I am worthy of their sister." Amar said, rolling his eyes.

"What childish nonsense is that? I didn't know we were in the Middle Ages, testing knights for the right to court a lady," Khushi said, shaking her head in disbelief..

"You never know, we might ask him to slay a dragon next." Zahir leaned forward, a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"Oh, forgive me, Your Oberoi Highness. I didn't realise your sister needed a knight in shining armour," Khushi retorted, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't be absurd. She just needs someone who can survive a culinary challenge." Zahir chuckled.

"Ah, the infamous trial by culinary fire. A feast fit for Oberois, I assume?" Khushi quipped.

"Exactly. If he can impress us with a gourmet meal, he might just survive our sibling scrutiny." Zahir said graciously.

"Or die trying," Khushi added with a smirk. "What's the next challenge? A duel at dawn?"

"Not quite. Task two: showcase his artistic side. Paint a masterpiece that captures the essence of his undying affection for Zada." Zahir said with a grin.

"Undying affection? Is this a romantic comedy or a Shakespearean tragedy?" Khushi laughed sarcastically.

"Maybe a bit of both. We are just testing his ability to express himself." Zahir shrugged.

"By wielding a paintbrush instead of a sword. How gracious," Khushi said, feigning fascination.

"Seriously? I can barely draw stick figures." Amar said in exasperation.

"Well, you better start practising, Amar Vedant. We don't want stick figure expressions of love."

"Are stick figure hearts acceptable?" Amar sighed, running a hand through his hair.

Khushi snorted.

"That depends. Are you aiming for the abstract art approach? Maybe a minimalist representation of your feelings?" Zian asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Or you could go for hyperrealism and capture every detail of your undying affection in a portrait. We will leave the artistic interpretation to you." Zahir leaned back, still grinning.

"I feel like I have stumbled into an art school's entrance exam rather than a relationship." Amar shot them both a mock glare.

"Consider it a crash course." Zahir said with a laugh.

"And then comes the grand finale.." Zahir said dramatically.

"Grand finale? Aren't you going a bit overboard?" Khushi asked sarcastically.

"Maybe we are.." Zahir said with a shrug.

"Okay, what's the last task?" Amar asked with an exasperated sigh.

"That's going to be a surprise. If you pass the first two tasks, we will let you know the third task.." Zahir said.

"You mean when I pass the first two tasks.." Amar said confidently, stressing the word when.

Zada settled into the chair next to her brothers, a bemused smile playing on her lips.

"So, let me get this straight. You are putting poor Amar through a series of tasks to prove his worthiness?"

Zahir nodded, wearing an unapologetic grin.

"Absolutely. We need to ensure he can stand the test of sibling scrutiny." He said with a shrug.

Zada exchanged glances with Zian, who seemed to be enjoying the unfolding drama.

"Alright, let me recall these tasks once again.." Zada said and looked at her brothers for them to repeat the tasks.

Zahir, ever the showman, began with a flourish.

"Task one: the culinary challenge. Amar has to impress us with a gourmet meal. You know, something fit for a royal feast."

"Gourmet meal? Since when did you guys develop a taste for anything fancier than junk food?" Zada's eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"We are evolving, Zada. Besides, we want to make sure Amar can handle the heat in the kitchen." Zian said with a chuckle.

"Alright. What was the next one?" Zada leaned in.

"Task two: showcase his artistic side. Amar has to paint a masterpiece that captures the essence of his undying affection for you." Zahir continued with a dramatic flair.

"Undying affection? Are we in a romance novel? You know everyone cannot have an artistic bone in them?" Zada blinked, genuinely taken aback.

"We are testing his ability to express himself, Zada. Besides, a bit of artistic flair never hurt anyone." Zian said with a laugh.

"Expressing love with a paintbrush. This is getting interesting. What is the grand finale?" Shaking her head in disbelief, Zada muttered.

"Ah, the grand finale is a surprise. If Amar manages to survive the first two tasks, we will unveil the third one." Zahir leaned in, lowering his voice conspiratorially.

"A surprise? Should I be worried?" Zada's eyes narrowed suspiciously.

"Don't worry, Zada. It's all in good fun. We just want to make sure he is willing to go the extra mile for you." Zian reassured her with a grin.

"I appreciate the sentiment, but aren't you guys taking this a bit too far?" Zada sighed, shaking her head.

"Big brothers have to be thorough, Zada. We are just looking out for you." Zahir said with a smile.

Zada leaned back in her chair, contemplating the orchestrated chaos her brothers were unleashing on poor Amar. The series of tasks seemed more like a mediaeval quest than a modern-day relationship, and Zada couldn't help but find the whole situation both amusing and bewildering.

"So, Amar," Zada addressed him with a teasing smile, "are you up for the challenge? Culinary prowess, artistic expression, and the mysterious grand finale — quite the romantic adventure they have planned for you."

"I never thought winning someone's heart would involve so much... drama." Amar sighed, looking slightly overwhelmed.

"Well, welcome to the dramatic world of the Oberois, where love is tested like a reality show." Khushi chimed in, unable to contain her sarcasm and amusement.

"You two do realise that this isn't necessary, right? Amar and I are perfectly capable of figuring out our own relationship without a set of challenges." Zada's gaze shifted from Amar to her brothers.

Zahir leaned back, adopting a thoughtful expression.

"Zada, dear sister, it's not about questioning your judgement. It's about ensuring that Amar is willing to go the extra mile for you. These tasks are just a fun way to see if he is up for it."

A/N

The brothers are being unreasonable, but let's just take it in a fun way😜

Please do vote and comment..

Please check out my new stories-

1. Billionaire's Irresistible Temptation  (Updates every Monday to Fridays)

2. Punarvivaah - Arranged To Love (Updates on - Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)

Love,

SF❤️