Chapter:14

It's been 2 weeks and Abhishek is still not back from Mumbai. Everyone knows he's not coming because of Manisha. He wants some time to cope up with everything happened with him. Everyone knows that he's clearly avoiding Manisha but nobody was saying anything and just giving them some time.

Manisha was upset thinking he's away from his family because of her. She tried calling him and asking him to come back but he wasn't replying to her calls. Exhausted, she stopped calling him and just praying for his return. Manisha's bond with Malhan again become stronger as they really took care of even smallest things of her. Dimple aunty and Vinay uncle treats her like their own daughter. Nischay was already very protective of her. Prerna and Harsh also used to visit her almost every day. Prerna isn't angry with ner anymore as she got to know about the thing from Abhishek himself and she realised Manisha wasn't only at fault, her brother was also at fault.

'Abhishek ab to tujhe aana hi paray ga. 2 din baad Nischay ki shaadi hai. Sab mehman aagaye hain ghar or tu hi nh hai yahan.' Dimple aunty scolded him over the phone.

'aray han to mummy kaha to mein ne ke mein raat tak aa jaoun ga.' he replied.

'aisa to pichle 2 din se keh rha hai. Ab agar tu raat tak ghar nh aaya to phir ainda ghar aanay ki zarorat nh hai.' Dimple aunty threatened him and cut the call.

Manisha was hearing all this working inside the kitchen. Nischay's wedding again got fixed with Riya and her parents decided the date. Today, their was lots of hustle and bustle in the house as the guests have arrived to attend Nischay's wedding as wedding date was only 2 days away. Dimple aunty is furious at Abhishek as he's still not here.

'Manisha tu ab bas beth ja kab se kitchen mein khari. Nischay dekhay ga to phir tujhe daante ga. Raat mein bhi teri tabiat kharab hugai thi.' Dimple aunty scolded as she's continously working since morning.

'aray aunty ab jao guests ke pas betho meri tension na lo mein thik hun.' Manisha said.

'tu ne lunch bhi nh kiya hai. Tu pehlay kch kha to le.' Dimple aunty said forcefully making her sit on the table and bringing lunch for her.

She looked at her who was scolding her for being careless with her health while serving food for her. She remembered ger mother who used to scold her like this only and she always got irritated with her scoldings but today when Dimple aunty was doing the same she felt the sudden urge to go back in time and relive those moments with her own mother. Dimple aunty is also like a mother figure for her and she look at her like her mother only but still the void of not having her own mother with her is still the same. She's surrounded by many lovely people here and they all love her unconditionally. The whole day she used to be show them that she's happy and healthy but as soon as she close the door of her room she again went back to her depressed self. She's still not getting over that day when she got to know about parents. She still feels lonely and deep down she knows the reason. 'His' absence.

The day went well and this was the time for dinner. Manisha was placing dinner on the table when Dimple aunty asked her to call Abhishek.

'Manisha beta zara Abhishek ko call karo. Usne kaha tha ke aj wo dinner hamare sath hi kare ga. Or agar wo bolay ke wo nh aa tha to usay keh dena ke phir dobara ghar na aye wapis.' Dimple aunty said strictly and again got busy with guests.

Manisha didn't know what to do. She can call him but he rarely picks up her calls. She dialled his number when the door opened revealing Abhishek. She was the first one to notice amd in a second a very bright smile appeared on her lips which was missing for don't know how much time.

Dressed in black t-shirt and beggy jeans, he stood at the door with a faint smile. He was looking tired like he hasn't slept for years and she can notice it standing far away from him.

'aray abbu aagya.' Nischay announced and ran towards his brother. Abhishek also stepped inside the house. Soon, everybody started meeting him. The house became lively in one second by his presence. He started interacting with his family and friends but his whole attention is on her only. He can sense her eyes on her eyes him since the time he entered the house but he didn't spare any glance at her.

Getting hurt, she turned towards the kitchen. He noticed it but ignored. She went on kitchen and started making coffee for him. She knows he must be tired and now he must be craving for a cup of coffee.

'Manisha.' she heard Nischay calling her name.

'ji bhaiya.' Manisha asked turning towards him who was standing on the kitchen door.

'bahar aaja. Mein ne kitni baar kaha hai tujhe har waqt kitchen mein mat raha kar.' Nischay said making her smile.

'abhi to aai hun kitchen mein coffee banane. Bas ban gai coffee le kar aati hun.' Manisha said.

'kisne mangi hai coffee?' Nischay asked making Manisha speechless. She don't know how to tell him that she's making it for Abhishek.

'bhaiya wo meray sar mein dard hu rha tha to apne liye bana rai thi.' Manisha lied.

'han han pta hai kis ke sar mein dard hai or kis ke ban rai hai coffee. Ab bana hi rai hai uske liye to usay khud se de kar aana. Apne room mein gaya hai wo.' Nischay informed making Manisha jump at her place. He went in his room where she was staying and it's all messy as she went to shopping with Prerna yesterday and she was showing her shopping to Dimple aunty and after that she didn't get time to clean that mess. She knows he hates his room being all messy.

She immediately poured coffee in the mug and ran towards his room. She knocked at the door and getting no answer she went in thinking he must be out seeing the room this much messy. She placed coffee at the table and started cleaning the room. While she was cleaning, the washroom door opened and Abhishek stepped in the room being shirtless. Manisha immediately turned her back towards him seeing him like that she got embarrassed. It's not like sje haven't seen him like this before but it's been 2 years!

He also get shocked seeing her in the room. He immediately wore his shirt and went towards her.

'sorry I guess ab ye room tumhara hai mujhay yahan nh aana chahiye tha.' Abhishek apologised.

'nh room to tumhara hi hai mein to bas ye coffee denay aai thi aunty ne banai thi teray liye lekn wo kch or kaam mein lag gai to unhu ne mujhay bhej dia.' Manisha lied forwarding the coffee mug towards him.

Abhishek quietly took the mug from her and started doing his work. He put his phone charge and started to place his clothes back in his cupboard.

Manisha also started clearing the mess and immediately left the room. As she left, Abhishek started drinking his coffee which he clearly knows who made it for him.

Today was Nischay's sangeet ceremony and everyone was soo happy. The whole Malhan family was very excited to welcome their daughter in law with all the love and respect. Nischay's happiness has no bound as he was going to marry the love of his life. Abhishek was also very happy for his brother but his heart wasn't at peace. He and Manisha were avoiding each other's presence as much as they can and that was soo visible that his sister noticed it. She knows his brother so well. She knows he still has feelings for Manisha and she also knows about Manisha but she's confused that if the both feel the same for each other than why they're avoiding it.

The function of sangeet started which is held at Malhan's house. Riya and her family has already arrived and now all the guests were enjoying themselves. Abhishek was dressed in blue dressed shirt looking dashing as always and Manisha was dolled up in blue lehenga. This twining wasn't a coincidence as Prerna planned it all. Abhishek hasn't noticed Manisha as he was busy with his friends but Manisha has seen him. She's just adoring him standing far away from him.

'hii Abhishek.' a girl named Sara, greeted Abhishek cheerfully. Abhishek saw her and immediately remembered her. She's his their neighbour from their old house. They both used to be very good friends of each other and met after soo many years. Abhishek got happy seeing her and they both started remembering their old days while laughing with each other. But this was not going well with the one who's continuesly glaring them.