Chapter:16

Manisha got ready in a beautiful green dress and was continuously working as there was alot of work in the house due to the function.

'Manisha chal ab bas kar chor ye sab aa kar mehandi lagwa le.' Prerna said as she tried to drag Manisha with her to apply henna but she resisted.

'nh didi apko pta hai na mujhay mehnadi nh pasand bilkl bhi. Mein ye sara kaam dekh lun gi ap log enjoy karlo.' Manisha said.

'acha thik hai mehnadi mat lagwa lekn bahir to aaja. Ye sab chor. Hu jaye ga kaam. Bahar aa or hum sab ke sath enjoy kar. Aj to wesay bhi double khushi hai ghar mein.' Prerna said excitedly.

'double khushi kyun?' Manisha asked.

'kal nonu ki shaadi hai or dusra aj raat abbu ki dost hai na Diya wo abbu ko propose bhi karne wali hai.' Prerna informed her. The cup in Manisha's hand fall down making noise as she heard Prerna.

'aray Manisha kya hua? Tu thik hai?' Prerna asked smiling inwardly because she exactly knows what happened to her.

'Abhishek Diya ko pasand karta hai?' Manisha tried controlling herself but couldn't and at last asked it.

'off course karta hai. Tujhe pta hai teray janay ke baad abbu bht upset rehta tha us time Diya ne uska bht sath dia tha. She used to spend time with him and always made sure he won't feel lonely. They share a lovely bond. Wo itne din yahan par nh thi par abhi aanay wali hai thori dair mein. Abbu ko nh pta uske liye surprise hai. Khush hu jaye ga wo usay dekh kar.'

Manisha didn't reply anything. She controlled her tears somehow and cleaning the mess, she went away doing some excuse. She locked herself in his room and fallen on her knees. The visuals of past flooded infront of her eyes when Abhishek proposed her infront of whole college and she accepted. That day was the best day of her life. She cried uncontrollably until her tears dried down. The thought of him marrying someone else was the most dreadful thought of hers in these two years. She always wished that he get a girl who he deserves who stand by him always but when it's finally happening, it's unbearable to accept.

'Manisha tu hai andar?' his voice reached his ear. She heard someone knocking door for sometime but she was ignoring.

'why is he back soo soon!!' she thought as she went to washroom to make herself a bit representable. She calmed herself to face him. Her heart started beating as an unusual pace as she slowly unlocked the door.

'aray kab se knock kar rha hun. Kya kar rai thi tu?' Abhishek asked as he stepped inside. He started taking out his clothes to change not noticing her much.

'washroom mein thi.' Manisha replied and started to run from there as soon as possible.

'acha sun sar bht dard kar rha hai coffee bana de please.' Abhishek said putting his phone on charge.

She went to kitchen to make coffee and he went to take bath totally clueless about Diya's proposal.

He got ready in green kurta and was styling his hair when Manisha entered with his coffee. The time stopped for her as she saw him standing him infront of mirror looking all handsome. He always looked soo handsome to her in traditionals. Abhishek looked at her glaring him from the mirror and smirked. He turned towards her and stood there folding his arms with a light smile.

'dekho dekho or ache se dekho.' Abhishek said in his usual playful tone.

Manisha's trance broke as she heard and looked down in embarrassment.

'ye le teri coffee.' Manisha said forwarding the mug that's when Abhishek noticed her face. It was all swollen due to excessive crying as he knew whenever she cries, her face get swollen.