Chapter 1

It has been 8 years since I got reincarnated into this world, and I'm still waiting for a system window to pop up or something.

Walking down a hallway, I looked to my left, where my maid Clare was walking slightly behind me. She was the first person I've met in this world and was assigned to me when I was a baby.

Clare is diligent, always professional, and takes her job very seriously. I couldn't ask for a better maid.

These days I go by Rita Lucendi because I was born into a marquess family, which dates back to the beginning of this kingdom, called the Selendrai kingdom.

I have been learning whatever I could in my free time and from my tutors, which led to me being praised a lot and being called a genuine genius by the people around me because I learn things way faster compared to kids my age.

Overall, from what I have learned, this world is your stereotypical fantasy world. Tropes like monsters, magic, other races, etc. are common.

It didn't take too long to learn the language because, surprisingly, it uses a lot of the same terminology as in my previous world.

Reading the books in my family's library about not just this kingdom but this world's history, I compared it to the various games that are set in fantasy worlds, which I spent a lot of time playing in my past life. I have determined that this world is not any world that I recognize.

Honestly, those protagonists who got isekai to another world with a system had it easy, like having to learn a new language, which is a huge pain in the ass, or spending the first month of my life stressed out trying to figure out what's going on.

I want to cuss out the god who sent me here, if there is one, or maybe the game devs who made this world.

Ending my internal grumblings, I stopped and stared out the window to see a slightly older blue-eyed boy with the same hair color as I do, silver. It was my older brother Eric.

His hair starts to glow white, and white electricity starts to form at the tips of his fingers. After a bit, he fires the white electricity like a thunderbolt at a straw target. It was immediately destroyed, leaving a burn mark on the ground. Then he began charging up to fire at another straw target.

When I saw magic for the first time, I genuinely smiled for the first time thinking of all the fun things I could do with magic. It was such an odd sight that Clare's seriousness and stone-faced demeanor turned into complete shock when I smiled. Probably because I've been told in my past life that I and my sister Norn doesn't show a lot of emotion, and it carries over to this life.

Due to this, the other servants in the manor are always afraid of me. A kid who doesn't smile and doesn't act her age is creepy to them. It caused rumors to start spreading about me being cursed or something.

However, these days I have learned to plaster on a smile every day so I don't creep out the servants. It took five etiquette tutors and a lot of work for me to figure out how to plaster on a smile and then some to make it look genuine.

Thinking about those tutors, I kind of felt bad for them. I basically brought each and every one of them into tears whenever they tried, and that was just smiling. I don't want to think about what would happen to them if they were going to teach me other facial expressions.

Anyway, speaking about my brother, he was back home from the Royal Academy because it was spring break, which lasted for about half a month. The royal academy, about a few days's ride on a carriage, is a prestigious school that all children of nobility go to.

It's a real shame; we don't have much of a relationship with my older brother, and the same goes for the rest of my family.

I was born into a stereotypical noble family, with my mother only caring about money and my father only caring about influence and power.