Chapter 6

Going back to the inn with my new clothes, I put them in my room and headed to the guild since it was almost the afternoon, where there aren't a lot of adventurers in the building.

In the guild building I saw Emma at the counter, so I walked directly to her since she was the only one working right now.

"Hi, I came to pick up my card"

"Ah, good afternoon Mr. Nyx. I've been expecting you, your adventurer card is right here"

She treated me with a great amount of respect for some reason like yesterday.

Emma handed me a copper color card. I took the card and examined it. It was the size of an ID card in my past life and it glows the information I had written down yesterday as I held it.

It also had a drawing of a flower that I don't recognize, I'm guessing it's the mark of this guild.

I turned the card around to see the back where there was a magic circle that was engraved on it.

Giving back the wooden tag, I ask about the card.

"Yes, it's a new magical item created by the mages guild last year that can be used by people with no mana"

Staring at the card I held in my hand in disbelief that such a thing was developed. This thing is closer to an artifact than a magical item.

It's strange that I haven't heard of this when I was still a noble because most of the nobility would have hated the idea of commoners using magic.

Magical items can only be used by mages since it would require a direct supply of mana to work, so mages are the only ones that could use them.

Artifacts on the other hand are items that can only be found in dungeons or ancient ruins of an advanced magical civilization. They are way more powerful than a magical item and don't need a direct supply of mana to use, so anyone can use them.

If someone manages to sell them, it will be equivalent to a giant fortune since they are incredibly rare to come by and they can't be reproduced because all of the knowledge is lost to time and the current magical technology we have right now is nowhere near the level of that lost magical civilization.

When I was living back at my family's estate, we only had two artifacts despite being a marquess household.

"Won't the nobles be opposed to it?"

"No worries Mr. Nyx. We have the support of the royal family of each kingdom, so we have been starting to implement them throughout each guild branch"

Why is she telling me all this?

It seems that the creation of this card is kept a secret from the nobility till they started introducing it since the adventurers guild have a strong influence so the nobles can't really stop them

If I could learn how to make my own magical item, I could have a way to use magic.

So then, my dream of using magic can be revived after all when it was crushed when I found out I couldn't use magic.

But first I should get information on who made it?

"Who is the person who created this?"

"I'm afraid that person is kept hidden, so I don't know, but they are from the mages guild in the city of Acton, where the Dradevow dungeon resides and where the main adventurer guild for this region is located."

The city of Acton... I think I know where I'm going to go next.

"May I ask if your planning to doing a quest today"