Chapter 14

I'd sprinted through the forest, weaving between the trees, making sure that they slow down the direwolf since it's so massive.

However, I look back at the Dire wolf to see it was gradually catching up.

I hadn't led it far enough away from Ned and the others, so I stopped my sprinting by a big tree, then faced the dire wolf. It jumped and pounced with its mouth wide open for a bite. I moved out of the way at the last second, letting it crash into the tree behind me, then I began to run away again.

It should buy me some time while it gets up.

I took out a yellow glass vial out of one of my pouches, it was poison that I had asked Maria to make.

Using poisons is pretty common with adventurers, so it didn't really cause any concern when I asked Maria to make it.

I never thought I had to use it so soon, it cost a pretty penny. Who knew making poison is expensive, however I'd better use it, I need all the advantages I can get.

Uncorking the vial, I poured half of it on my sword. Then I pour the rest directly into my holsters where my spikes and knives are. I'm probably going to have to throw out these clothes after this, which is a shame, but I could always buy some more.

After I was done, I threw the empty glass vial at the direwolf. It didn't seem too happy about that though.

The poison is a low grade one but it will have to do.

Throwing 3 spikes that are now covered in poison, hoping to take out its other eye. I missed it but it still hit the direwolf, causing it to momentarily stop for a bit.

I began throwing them each time it got a bit too close. When I finally threw the last one, all of them hit it, though I wasn't able to take out the other eye.

If you squint, its head looks like a porcupine with the amount of spikes I threw at it.

I switched to my knives hoping to take out its left eye but couldn't. I should really practice more on my throwing if I manage to get out of this alive.

I grin slightly bigger and had a small chuckle thinking about it, excited to see which one of us is coming out of this alive.

Not having any more things to throw, I'll just have to fight it directly and I think I've run far away enough so it doesn't go after Ned and the others.

I slowed down my running so the dire wolf could catch up.

Expecting the direwolf to pounce at me, I took off my cloak and moved out of the way at the last moment to cover its face as it was in the middle of its pounce, temporarily blinding it for a second.

It crashed onto the ground, so I took the opportunity to attack the direwolf before it got back up.

I bash its head with my sword as hard as I could then move several steps back. I looked at my sword because it felt like I just hit a rock, to see that there was a dent on my sword

It shook its head to get my cloak off it to reveal that I did some damage. It looked a bit wobbly as there was blood coming out of a long gash across its head.

I grinned even bigger as it stared at me with fury in its one good eye, it looks like I could do some decent damage to it.

It began charging at me, so I did the same. Since I took out its right eye, I dashed to the right and took a quick stab at its underbelly.

A bit of blood came out of its underbelly but it didn't seem to bother it. The direwolf continued to try to bite me with its giant jaws, then another, and another.