Chapter 10

I opened the door to Kinwall's shop, there was nobody there but I could hear the clanging of metal reverberating throughout the shop.

"Be there in a minute, I'm in the back "

"Hello, its Nyx"

"Oh it's you, just wait. I'll get to you"

After waiting for around a minute, Kinwall walked out from the back of the store after putting down what he was doing.

"So what are you looking for?"

"Some knives and spikes that I can throw"

I thought while walking here to not only get some throwing knives, but also throwing spikes. Granted they are going to be harder to use but I could carry a lot more on me and they are overall cheaper to buy.

I told Kinwall how many I wanted.

"So you want 4 throwing knives and 10 throwing spikes. I don't have any to sell, so I have to make them"

"How much and how long will it take?"

Kinwall rubbed his beard in thought and said.

"14 bronze and they will be ready in about 2 days"

"That is surprisingly quick"

At minimum I would have thought that it would take at least 4 days to make but I guess it is because he is a dwarf, he could make them in 2.

"Well you're my only customer right now and I have no orders coming in. Besides how is being an adventurer working out for you"

"I just became E rank today"

Showing him my adventurer card, which is now a bronze color, Kinwall showed some surprise in it.

"It seems that you have the potential to be a high ranking adventurer, normally people would take twice as long to get to E rank"

"Really?"

"Ya, seen a fair amount of people ranking up just as fast as you"

So, he said I could become a high ranking adventurer, that is interesting.

After I paid for my order, I said goodbye to Kinwall.

"Alright then, see you in 2 days"

It was still afternoon, so I decided to go back to the library, to continue where I left off yesterday. For the rest of the day I was reading silently with Mable till it was closing time.

The next day, I enter into my first E rank quest, which is to hunt some horned rabbits by a road that goes through a forest.

Each horn you bring back pays 1 bronze coin, and if you bring back any monster parts, you can sell it off for extra money.

I exited through the north gate and followed the road till I saw the edge of a forest.

This must be the location the quest told me to go.

People consider horned rabbits to be pests. From reading a monster encyclopedia book in the library, horned rabbits are normally solitary monsters, unlike the ones I fought when I traveled here. Generally they're known to attack anyone going into their territory.

It would be a problem for the merchants, travelers, and townspeople if they were attacked; so the adventurers guild routinely put out subjugation quests to deal with them.

I entered the forest, following the road. I saw adventurers roaming through the forest, not far from the road, searching for horned rabbits.

I continued traveling on the road that goes through the forest till I saw an animal trail that the other adventurers didn't notice.