Chapter 16

"There are currently 23 gates that have appeared. Our defenses are managing to fight off most of the Kaijus"

A holographic screen of a map of the globe pops up with red dots on it, representing the gates. In addition to the red dots, there are numerous red arrows which represent the number of kaiju who have breached our world, roughly 100 in total.

"I'm sending you two to city 56, a high level kaiju named Slate Brute, about a level 5, heading straight to city 56"

"A level 5, huh..."

I grin saying that, the same goes with Norn. The ranking goes from 1 to 8, in which their rank is based on the kaiju size, weight, and most importantly of all was how much Ori energy was stored in their body.

A level 5 and the ones above are particularly special because during the second kaiju war, part of the reason the majority of the fleet of Aiases were wiped out was due to them starting to appear. Any kaiju level 5 or above, on top of being way stronger than the ones below them, for some unknown reason have some sort of ability, like being able to absorb energy, controlling electricity, spit out fire or acid, regeneration, invisibility, fire out lasers, and etc.

"I can't help but thank you for giving us such an interesting mission"

"I'm not, Norn. You two are the only one left that is available, I've already assigned the others on their own missions"

"Alright then"

Norn turned her head and faced me.

"Hey Alina, you finish starting up, I finish warming up the core"

"Ya, finish in right about... now"

I press a button on the holographic screen I was working on. The entire cockpit lights up, revealing a 360 degree view of our surroundings.

In addition to other systems lighting up, the ceiling on the doc we are at, opens up like a hatch, to reveal the open sky. Caution lights began flashing and speakers began warning the people below that we were going to be deployed. The restraints on our Aias were released and the hatch fully opened. The platform our Aias was standing on moved up, moving us out of the hanger.

Finally, out from the hanger, our Aias was about 87 meters tall, with a muscular frame, and was colored an ashen black with blue undertones.

Our main weapons, which are swords, 6 in total, were on our back that almost looked like a pair of black wings.

Vila Crow is the name of our Aias, the first part in its name was given due to its sparking with electricity when we fight. The second part of the name is from the core that was extracted from a level 7 kaiju named Letricus Crow.

A giant aircraft that had four massive jet engines was flying toward us, stopping once it was above us and began latching onto our back. It was an AFC, Aias flight carrier for short, which was our transport.

"Greetings Scott, how long till we get to the drop point"

I talked to the person flying the AFC with a tone of familiarity. You could say he is one of the few good friends we have. Since we were pilots, we have a high level of security around us at all times, so not a lot of people can talk to us. Plus the other pilots can't really be called friends since they all have something wrong with them.

"It should take about 30 minutes at minimum"

A notification popped up on my screen to tell us that Scott was done latching onto us, he began lifting us into the air without a moment to spare.

"Any updates on the situation on the ground"

"Yes Alina, Slate Brute has already breached the walls and the squadron of Aiases station in city 56 have been sent to intercept it but at best they can is to buy time till we get there"