Chapter 19

In the morning I woke up, this time not sleeping in, and went to the guild after eating some breakfast to meet up with Rain.

So far I could move my arm without much difficulty, give it a day or two for my arm to be back to normal.

"So Nyx, are you really leaving for Acton tomorrow?"

Rain asks if I am really planning to go, looking sad saying it.

"Ya"

Thinking of a way to cheer her up, I thought of something.

"I'll just write you some letters if you want"

I remember from reading a book about the Adventurers guild that it also doubles as a postal service since they already have a network of outposts in every town.

"You really are?"

"Yes"

That managed to get Rain's spirit up for a bit.

Right now we were walking to Hutch's shop to pick up my new cloak and then Kinwall's shop for my new weapons.

Entering Hutch's shop, he greets us with the same enthusiasm as usual.

"Hi Hutch, is my cloak ready?"

"Yes, I hope you like it"

Hutch pulled out my cloak under the counter, excited to show it to me.

I pick it up and examine it. It has a gray color like my old one, but was more whitish in color in comparison, and the underlining also matches the gray color.

Putting it on, surprisingly it was soft and comfy to wear.

"It feel really nice"

"Good"

Hutch gave us an enthusiastic goodbye when we left his shop to Kinwall's shop to pick up my short sword and throwing knives and spikes.

As we were walking, I saw Alex and his party down the street.

It's not hard to notice them, with them being a loud bunch. There are people, men and women alike, who are looking at one individual with either anger, jealousy, or with some unfortunate cases, affection.

They all greeted us, except for Lucia since she is what you called a real life tsundere, she just huffed and turned her head away, ignoring me like I wasn't even here.

"Oh it's Nyx and Rain, how are you two?"

I told Alex that I was fine then I looked at Rain, who said she was also fine. Thankfully from looking at her expression and general reaction, she doesn't look to be sway from Alex's mysterious main protagonist powers.

Maria asked how my arm was, I told her.

"It's healing, I could move it slightly"

"I see"

Then I gave my left arm for Maria to examine. She looked over and said.

"Your arm is healing up nicely. Be careful, even though it will completely heal by tomorrow, it will take a couple of days to get back all of your motor function in your left arm"

"Good to know, and thanks for the regeneration potions"

"It's fine, glad I could help. Also by the way, we heard you are going to Acton."

"Yes I am, I'm leaving tomorrow"

"Well, see you in Acton when I finally rank up to E rank"

"Good luck on that"