Chapter 7

I heard a familiar voice while I was laying on my bed playing a game.

Right now I'm at the beginning of the story, where the main character is about to set off on an adventure.

"Come on, the meeting is about to start and we agree to get there extra early"

Looking around the room to see that it was relatively messy with all sorts of gaming devices, from the new to the old, spread out around the room.

It was my room that was in a military base I shared with my sister Norn in my past life.

I saw her getting ready to leave.

"Hey, are you listening"

"Okay, okay"

A bit annoyed from her pestering, I put down my game.

Man, I really want to continue playing, I just started the story.

Norn opens the door to our room to have two very familiar people walk by the door.

"Hey you better get going, yall always are late coming into meetings"

The voice was really familiar. It was Fred, who is another named pilot like us. Next to Fred was Emily, Fred's co-pilot and wife.

"Ya, we know. Unfortunately it's my turn trying to not make us late this time since we both agree to not get yelled at from the Marshal"

"At least it's a start. You two are becoming shut-ins these days after you went out of control and got banned from the training room again, just like James and Lupin"

"Hey, don't compare us to those two!"

We shouted in annoyance at the same time at Emily for calling us the same as those two idiots.

"I mean it's kinda true. You two really like fighting, just like them"

"Oh, shut up Fred!"

We shouted at the same time again, in sync, but this time toward Fred.

Compared to us, those two are always fighting with each other. Honestly, after a while of dealing with their constant bickering and fighting it gets annoying trying to stop them.

"Oh please, you are equally as bad"

Those two are love birds. When they are separated, they can't even function properly. And when they are together, they sometimes are in their own worlds.

"I don't see a problem with that"

Right now, they are doing it again. Fred began looking deep into Emily's eyes, all lovey dovey, and Emily doing the same like there is nothing in this world but those two.

"This world is meaningless without you"

"I could say the same, dear"

I could practically see hearts in the air sparkling, as they began flirting with each other.

Relatively speaking, out of all of the other named pilots in the base I knew that had something wrong with them, they're relatively tame, so I shouldn't complain that much.

Speaking of the other named pilots in this base, they are all weirdos that have a screw or two loose. Henry and Kate are extreme shut-ins. Mat and James have muscle for brains. Mia and Noah are straight up yanderes. Kai and Oliver are mad scientists.

Honestly, why are me and Norn the only normal ones here.

"Anyway, when are you going to see the kids in the nursery, especially Felix."