Chapter 8

On the way to the east gate to leave town for my secret gathering spot, I had gotten to know the names of the other members of Alex's party.

Their party is made up of 2 swordsman, 1 archer, 1 mage, and 1 alchemist

Maria is the alchemist of the party but is kind of a klutz, I already saw her trip on herself more than once. I genuinely wonder if she is going to make it as an adventurer.

Chelsie on the other hand is the archer, who seems to be the calm and reliable type.

Wendy the beastkin is the other swordsmen other than Alex and apparently she is a massive glutton.

Finally, there is Lucia, who is a mage that uses fire magic, which kinda fits her fiery personality.

Apparently they all met Alex in a similar way, him helping out each of them who were in a tough spot and them deciding to join his party, except for Chelsie who was already with him when Alex decided to become an adventurer since she is his close childhood friend.

Geezes, they're a loud bunch.

Sighing, I wonder if letting them follow me is a good idea. I mean they are attracting a lot of attention. I heard from most of the men in this town we passed by saying lucky bastard with a large amount of resentment in their voices. Most of the women called him either an enemy to all women or began looking at him with a blush.

On Alex's right, Maria and Lucia are arguing over who gets to hold his right arm. To his left, Chelsie is quietly holding Alex's left arm while Wendy is trying to offer Alex some jerky. And all this is happening while he is all too oblivious to them fawning over him.

Wait... their fawning over him.

I stared at Alex like he was some sort of mythical creature. I didn't think they actually existed in real life.

Does it mean he's a main protagonist like from the video games in my past life?

A shiver ran up my spine. Thinking about it since he is a main protagonist, there is a non-zero chance of something on the line of him falling or tripping over me and resulting in him finding out that I am a girl.

As I thought about that potential scenario, it happened. Alex fell after Maria, Lucia, Chelsie, and Wendy were fawning over him a bit too much, it led to a chain reaction to them all falling on the ground.

Alex had his face planted on Wendy's breasts, while Chelsie was sitting on top of his head. His right hand was groping Lucia, while his left hand was groping Maria.

Taking several steps back, I distance myself from them to make sure something like that doesn't happen to me.

Once we reached the east gate, Lucia and Wendy said goodbye because they were doing a different quest than us.

Still keeping my distance, I led Alex, Maria, and Chelsie to my secret gathering spot.

Once they saw my secret gathering spot, they were shocked by how much Bittercress grass there was in the clearing.

"Just take what you need but don't take all of them, I want some of them to grow back"

"Thank you for showing us this spot and sorry for causing you so much trouble"

Alex thanked me and went straight to work with Maria and Chelsie gathering the Bittercress grass.

As for me, I keep my distance from them, specifically so that potential scenario in my head doesn't happen.

After a short while they finish gathering what they need.

"Thank you again, and we won't tell anyone. We'll keep this place a secret"