Chapter 4: Where is my ESPRESSO??

Ayanokoji: So apparently I have a task of inviting Horikita to a cafe today so that Kushida can get a chance to talk to her.

It's been almost 3 weeks since they enrolled in this school and except for a first few days, Mano didn't attend the school since.

Ayanokoji was right now sitting on his seat while looking outside through the window, lost in his thoughts. As usual, the seat next to her, which belongs to Mano, is empty while Horikita is sitting beside that empty seat.

Ike: Yeah so I was saying, who do you think is the hottest girl in our class?

Sudo: Is that even a question?

Sotomura: Yeah, if we are talking about this subject then it's gotta be..

Yamauchi: Kushida!

Ike: Shh, lower you voice idiot. What will you do if they heard you?

Yamauchi: S-Sorry.

Ayanokoji: Oye..even though there are not many students, there are still some girls present in the room. Also, stop talking at my desk.

Ike: Come on Ayanokoji, it's not a big deal.

Sudo: Yeah. We know you also want to talk about this subject just like us so we decided to add you.

Ayanokoji: ....right.

Yamauchi: Listen to me my fellow men of culture. It may be an unpopular opinion but I honestly think that Mano is the hottest girl in the class.

Ike: ......

Sudo: ......

Sotomura: ......

Ayanokoji: ......

Ayanokoji: I don't understand human emotions but even I feel disgusted by this remark.

Horikita who was sitting near them overheard this conversation and was absolutely repulsed and sickened by Yamauchi's statement.

Yamauchi: What's wrong?

Sudo: Dude, isn't she like....12 or something?

Ike: Y-Yeah. I mostly agree with most of your takes but this ain't it dude.

Sotomura: She is not legal. You should be ashamed at yourself.

Yamauchi: W-What's wrong with you guys? Why are you looking at me like that? I-Its just an opinion guys.

This doesn't help his case as all four of them were looking at him with suspicious eyes making the atmosphere awkward. Fortunately, the bell rings soon as all four of them quickly return back to their seat.

Horikita: You know, maybe it should be a better idea to stop interacting with that kind of bunch.

Ayanokoji: ......

Chabashira walks in the class with some papers in her hand.

Chabashira: Quite down class, today we are going to have a bit of a test. Please pass these papers to the back.

More than half of the students expression changed suddenly to that of surprise and confusion upon hearing the word 'test'.

She handed out the papers to the students in the front row. Eventually,
the single-sheet test reached towards Mano's empty desk.

Ike: Huh? I wasn't listening, though. This is so unfair!

Chabashira: Don't say that. This test is just for future reference. It won't be
reflected in your report cards. There is no risk involved, so don't worry. Of
course, cheating is prohibited.