Chapter 11: Midterms have arrived!

It's Friday. Midterms are finally upon us. Every student, including me was sitting on their respective seats. Not a single student has taken the day off.

Chabashira: No absentees today. This midterm is the first hurdle for your leftovers. Any questions?

No one said anything except Hirata who as usual was glazing his class saying how he was pretty sure that everyone would pass.

Chabashira: If anyone stumbles here, the other tests will be an uphill battle, quite frankly. You'll take this midterm and the final exam in July. If no one fails either test, you'll be rewarded with a vacation during your summer break.

"Summer break my beloved!"

While I was thinking about the summer break, the boys for some reason were pretty excited about the vacation.

Ike: Everyone, let's do our best

Rest of the class (mainly boys): Yeah!!!

I mean, vacation is cool and all but I didn't imagine that they would be this much excited about it.

Soon, Chabashira signalled us to begin. The first test was social-studies. When I flipped the paper, as expected, I find the question pretty easy to answer.

I looked around. Everyone was looking quite happy indicating that these were the same questions from the test papers that they got yesterday from Kushida.

Sighs....to think I was eagerly waiting for this day just a few days ago just to see their pathetic reactions only to see the complete opposite. Damn you Ayanokoji and Kushida.

I shook my head and quickly finished it off under 15 minutes as I sat idly for the rest of the period.

I noticed Ayanokoji and Horikita glancing in my direction a few times but I couldn't care less. I bet I was looking quite bored when they were looking at me.

Even the teacher gave me a few stares but I try my best to ignore, just waiting for this whole thing to finish as quickly as possible

Soon, the bell rang and it was now time to give the test related to the Japanese subject. It was the same situation for me just as the first one. I quickly finished it and started waiting for the next period.

Then came the turn of the chemistry and maths in the third and fourth period. They were all pretty easy.

Then came the break.

I just lay my head down pretending to sleep while the members of the Horikita study group reunited to talk about the test. It was pretty boring to me except for one thing.

Turns out, Sudou has slept halfway while studying, more like cramming the answers, for the English test and now, Horikita is telling him which answers to memorize as soon as possible.

Soon, the break was over and it was the time for the English test. It was the easiest one out of all the subjects. I breezed through it in only 10 minutes and spent the rest of my time thinking about Hiyori, wondering how she was doing against these tests.