Chapter 7: You want me to be a tutor!?

A few days have passed since the last incident. From that day on, many students were starting to pay more attention to the class and absentees were getting lower and lower. Of course there were a few exceptions like Sudou and Yamauchi who could be often seen sleeping in the class.

Surprisingly, Mano had also started to attend the school regularly but that doesn't mean she was paying attention in the class. Instead, she would often use her phone or read books of her choice right in front of the teacher.

As for Hirata and Kei situation, they have somehow managed to reconcile their fake relationship. To the outsiders, nothing may look suspicious and to some extent, this may be true but the seeds of doubt once sown can be proved quite difficult to quell.

Each day would come and go without any meaningful event. The present day i.e. today was also pretty normal...if it weren't for Horikita who just randomly invited Ayanokoji and Mano to lunch.

Which brings us to this present moment where the three of them were sitting side by side in the cafeteria with their lunch awaiting right in front of them.

Horikita: What's wrong with you two? Your food has arrived. It would be better to eat it while it is hot.

Ayanokoji looked at Mano for a moment before picking up his chopsticks, saying 'Thanks for the food' and started digging in.

Horikita: Come on Mano, hurry up or else it won't taste that good once it gets cold.

"......right. But before I take a single bite, can you tell me what's the special occasion that you invited both of us for lunch. Not only that but you are also paying points for both of our food."

Horikita: Nothing special. It's just out of my kindness.

"Like I would believe that!"

Ayanokoji: Now I'm scared. Like Mano said, Is there some kind of catch?

Horikita: If people can't honestly accept kindness, then mankind will meet its
end, won't it?

Ayanokoji: I guess so..

Horikita: So don't overthink it too much. Just eat to your heart's content as you never know when you two will get this kind of treatment and opportunity in the future.

After a few seconds, Mano sighs before finally taking a bite of her udon.....along with a sip of her apple juice.

Horikita: I know it's sudden but I have a request for you two

"Ah shit, here we go..."

Ayanokoji: I have a bad feeling about this.

Horikita: Like you two know, ever since Chabashira-sensei warning, fewer and fewer people have stopped being absent from the school.

Mano suddenly raises her head high and looked at them with a confident smile.