Chapter 17: The Trial has begun

Today is Tuesday, the day I have been waiting for soooo long. Will I be able to prove my innocence or be expelled. All will be decided in the trial after the school. For now, I am just sitting in the class watching Kushida, my new ally.

Kushida: Like I said, I just slipped this morning while getting ready for school, it's not a big deal.

Ike: But you were literally limping while entering the class Kushida-Chan!

Kushida: It's just a little strain, that's all.

Yamauchi: But Kushida-Chan..

Kushida: Besides, we have more important matters to worry about right?

She said glancing at Sudou and me. I just winked back which she ignored to no one's surprise.

Ike: But to me, you are more important than those two Kushida-Chan.

Kushida: I am glad to hear that Ike-kun but you should be more sympathetic to those two. They are your classmates after all.

Ike: Y-Yeah you are right.

Maya Sato: In any case, you should be more careful in the future Kushida-san.

Kushida: I promise I will.

The lively chatter continued around me as I waited for the trial to begin. I glanced at Ayanokoji, who remained impassive as ever. I wondered if he was aware that Kushida had severed their alliance.

Meanwhile Horikita was busy reading her book.
Despite her calm exterior, I was sure her mind was preoccupied with the trial.

Since the teacher has not yet arrived, I decided to indulge in mindless chatter.

".....Never expected Kushida to be a klutz type...or maybe it was just her bad day."

Horikita: ......

"Maybe it's a premonition of a bad omen. Gasps! What if we are going to lose the tri-"

Horikita: Stop! Instead of being pessimistic, why don't you spend your energy into doing something productive?

"No I don't wanna."

Horikita: Suit yourself. But when you need help cleaning up your mess, don't come crying to me.

"Oh but I will do it since you owe me a favour, remember?"

Horikita: Which you will never ask from me considering your attitude.

"We will see about that....Oh, and you too Ayanokoji. Don't forget you owe me a favour too."

Ayanokoji: ...yeah I know.

"...Still, I wonder if Kushida really slipped this morning which caused her these injuries.."

Ayanokoji: ....

Horikita: Are you trying to imply something?

I smirked.

"I am just saying what's on my mind. Don't take it too seriously."

Soon, Chabashira enters the room and the class begins....which means, it's time to sleep!

"Oye you two, wake me up when it's time for the trial."

Both Ayanokoji and Horikita didn't respond but they sure did hear me. Now, it's time to close my eyes and immerse myself in the land of dreams.

....................................................................................................

The Class was over. It was 3:33 PM and the trial was set to begin at 4:00 PM. Both Ayanokoji and Horikita stood up followed by Sudou who was looking quite confident.