chapter-16

☆EVARA☆

I flutter my eyes open, I could hear someone ringing my door-bell. I heard a faint but familiar voice calling my name."somebody is at the door."

I jolted up fully awake, someone is at my door, screaming my name and here I am sleeping as if there is no tomorrow.

I checked my watch as I rushed towards the doorsteps, it's 12: 49 pm in afternoon. I slept for too long.

Turning the knob of the door, I was faced the girl, I have been trying to avoid, Nitya. My best friend Nitya.

I just couldn't mustered up the courage to face her since our confrontation. The last year of school we finished while avoiding each other and than I moved here in Mumbai.

I was taken aback, all the memories started to play in my mind as I stare at her sweet & innocent face which has a small smile on it.

"Hii." She said as she gave me a wide smile, waving her right hand towards me.

I was really surprised to see her here, not in my wildest dream, I thought of facing her.

"Uh..Hii." I replied her politely.

"How are you?" She asked.

"I'm fine, how about you? How come you are here?" I asked back.

"Why? You didn't like that I come?" A frown displaying on her face.

"Huh! No.. no..I mean ofcourse I liked it."  I did missed her a lot and though I didn't wanted to admit but I was happy to see her.

"Then are you going to keep me standing on the door. " She said while crossing her hands on her chest.

"Oh! I am sorry." I step aside from my door to give her way to enter my apartment.

"Please have a seat." I walked to the kitchen after guiding her to the sofa in living room.

I came back with a glass of water and some sweets. I kept them on the table in front of her "have some water."

"You don't need to be formal in front of me Eva." Her words made me look at her, to which I just nodded.

"I am here to talk about something important." She said while indicating me to take seat.

I sat on the other sofa in front of her.

"Oh, congratulations. I heard you're getting married." I forwarded my hand in order to do a handshake.

"Ya, I am." She took out a white wedding card from her purse pushing it toward me. I picked it up and started reading it.

It was a beautiful white card with golden writings on it. As soon as I removed the cover, it displayed a beautiful couple made of that same golden writing, I liked it, then I turned next to read the content.

"But I want my best friend to be present there with me." I shot up my eyes to look at her. She is the one saying this, after her confrontation years ago she kind of stopped talking to me and I started to feel ignored and guilty.

The guilt was really killing me from inside, I started to think that it was my fault, though I still think the same. Only if I stayed away from Anshuman, this day wouldn't have came.

"I don't care what happened in past, all I know is that I love my best friend and I want her back in my life. I don't want to attend this auspicious event without you." She continued.

"Didn't we promise that we'll help each other getting ready on their wedding day, didn't you promised to dance in my wedding. Why not let's just forget the past and get back to us." Her voice was so low and her eyes were teary as she said those words. I remembered the time when we made this promised. We were very sure that nothing can separate us.

We had shared a lot of moments together and thinking about them always make me want to go back to that time but guess what? That's never gonna happen.

"I want to invite you to my wedding but not as a guest or something, as my best friend Eva. Who promised to be with me in all my problems and all beautiful events of my life to make memorable." She stood up, picked up a piece of sweet and walked towards me.

"So will you come?" She questioned and moved the sweet to my mouth.

What should I do? Should I agree to it? I do want to go back to our previous friendship, I miss her a lot. She always been a precious part of my life.

I took the piece of sweet from her hand and fed her.

"I am happy for you, but.." she interrupted me saying " no, take your time, I just came here for you so if you agree then I'll be waiting for you at the airport by evening."

She moved back, took her purse and walked out buy halted at the door and turned to me " I am sorry, if I was a bad friend to you but trust me, I wasn't much matured back then. I know, I am the one to blame for our situations today, only if I hadn't overreacted, maybe we would have been together as we dreamed."

"Ok, goodbye, I'll be waiting." She concluded and exited out.

***********************************************************************

Please don't be a silent reader.

This chapter was about the bonding Eva and Nitya shared.

Do vote and encourage me.

Have a good day.