chapter-21

☆ANSHUMAN☆

The males of the family were ready to go to the temple, where the groom's family is already present for the ceremony.

Eva and her family are still not here. After putting everything that we are suppose to take, in the car, me and my father went to the temple. Nitya and mummy are going stay her and welcome the guests.

Though everyone is suppose to reach Rajasthan for the wedding. We reached the temple and the groom and his family welcomed us with smiles.

I have met the groom only once after he came to visit me, his name is Abhigyan bajaj and he works in one of the MNCs which comes under my company.

He seems like a good guy, though I was not really convinced so I called my boys to find about him.

They told me that he is clean and I myself crosscheck. I smiled as shake hands and went ahead with the Tilak ceremony.

Tilak ceremony is pre-wedding ritual in Indian wedding, which is also known as the groom acceptance ceremony.

Tilak is a sign of auspiciousness, it is generally put by the male member of bride's family to bless the groom by the almighty before the beginning of the married life.

Me and my father sat on one side of the fire pit while the groom sat opposite to us. The priest chanted some mantras and explained the meaning of the ritual and it's importance.

Then priest gave us the plate filled with auspicious items, my father took a pinch of roli paste and rice to apply it in the center of groom's forehead.

After that I took the sacred thread and tied it on his left hand. Then we gave gifts to the bajaj family.

After finishing the ritual, we came back.

As we entered, we could hear faint laughters, we looked at each other.

We saw that my mumma and sister are busy gossiping with Eva and her family.
My eyes scanned each and every person, and ended on Erica.

Oh she is here.

She stood up and came near me hugging me tightly, which I reciprocated.

Everyone was looking at us but the moment my eyes caught Eva's, she looked at the opposite direction with a offended expression.

Is she jealous?

We parted and Erica eyed my figure before saying " Hey Anshuman, damn, you are more handsome in person." I unknowingly blushed at her comment.

I went to Eva's mother touched her feet and saw another lady of same age, so I touched her feet too.

Then my eyes fell on an unknown guy sitting beside Eva.

Who the hell is he?

I squinted my eyes at her, asking her the same question.

She was about to answer but Nitya beats her to it.

" Bhai, This is Gunny aka Gunraj singh Randhawa, a common friend of mine and Eva." She informed.

We both looked at each other for a moment before extending my hand " Hi, Anshuman here." I faked a smile.

He gripped my hand a bit tighter what kind of a person is he and he also faked a smile. We sat opposite to each other, competing with our glares.

Everyone was was talking about one or the other things, the preparations, things that should be decided and bought and plans for wedding.

Soon it was evening, my mom and Nitya were going to kitchen to make the dinner, the other ladies suggested to her them.

" What do you wanna eat for dinner?" Mom asked dad.

"Make anything ." He said and got busy with his phone.

Mom scrunched her face, she came and snatched his phone.

" I am asking, what do you mean by anything?"

" Oh darling, whatever you make is delicious, so make anything you want." Dad tried to soo her off.

"Ya ofcourse, because you think it's only women work to cook." She said sarcastically.

" Are you saying, I can't cook?" My mother nodded innocently while everyone was watching their cute little argument.

" We men can definitely cook better than you ladies. Don't you know that big restaurants and all have men chefs." He said confidently.

"Oh is that so, then go ahead, prove it." My mumma provoked my father.

" Ofcourse, what say Anshuman?" I looked at him with wide eyes, why is he including me in this.

Just then Eva came into the picture, she looked at me, infact everyone was looking me for answer.

" Yes dad, today we males are going to handle dinner and the ladies get to enjoy." I saw Erica and Nitya hi-fing each other.

Me and my father were entering the kitchen and Gunny and Eva's father followed us.

I turned to them and asked " What are you guys doing here?"

" weren't the males in charge of cooking today?" Eva's father said.

" But you guys are our guests." I tried to refuse.

" No, No it's about men's pride now, we have to help." Gunny said wearing the apron.

We males got indulged in cooking dinner, while the ladies were busy in packing and making list of things that should be arranged and guest list cause day after tomorrow we'll leave for Rajasthan.

After about three hours, we were ready to go. We literally made a lot of different dishes from dinner to dessert then the ladies interrupted and asked us to take a bit rest as they'll be settling the table.

Everyone sat on dinner table, while talking and making fun of each other. It felt like a big and happy family dinner. It's been a while, I had this cheerful dinner, everyone seemed happy and relaxed.

Eva was smiling to her fullest, I am sure she was also having these kind of dinner in a while. Her smile was reaching her eyes which sometimes seem so sad and filled with emotions that I can't infer.

I didn't realise that I was staring at her, I felt a voice near my ear, " if you keep staring at her like that, everyone will get to know about your feeling, than there'll be two wedding."

I literally chocked on my food and looked at Gunny with wide eyes

Everyone looked at me,I could see worry in Eva's eyes and Gunny slided me a glass of water " Are you ok Anshuman?" He asked innocently.

I gulped down the water and calm myself down.

Am I making it that obvious ?

Of course I love her and there is no doubt in that but I have to know about her feelings.

I can still see the love in her eyes but yet she is not ready to accept it.

I will make her accept her feelings before coming back from Rajasthan.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hi lovelies here's the update.

Please let me know about your views, It's really disheartening that most people don't vote and nor they leave any comment. As a writer, I need them to encourage myself to keep writing.

Have a good day and make my day good by clicking the star below.

Follow me on Instagram @Glitch0_97