Chapter-22

☆EVARA☆

When I reached his house, he has already left for temple, Aunty and Nitya welcomed us.

My mumma was so happy to meet her mother and same was with Gunny's mother. The trio were talking like lost friends who met after years, while we four were also getting along with each other.

We then had lunch together since Nitya told us that Anshuman and his father will take sometime to be back.

We the youngsters then went to Nitya's room because we decide the girls will sleep together and the guys that mean Anshuman and Gunny can share the same room.

We talked about our would be Jiju. Nitya showed us his picture in her phone, he was looking cool in simple navy blue kurta with silver work that he must have wore for today's ceremony.

In was evening and we were egrossed in talking when Anshuman and Uncle entered.

Erica was so excited to meet him, I thought it was cute but the moment she hugged him, I hated her. I know she doesn't have any romantic feeling for him but I just hated it.

His gaze fell on me and I immediately turn to look the other side.

Soon everyone got along and we kept talking until Nitya's mother got up to make dinner, I thought to help them too.

The ladies were in kitchen when Erica said "This is not fair, we girls get to make food while the guys are enjoying outside."

I run my eyes to the living room everyone is busy with their phones.
So we decide to provoke the males to see if they can make today's dinner or not.

Nitya's mother went to Uncle and they really had cute fight and in the end Uncle was like 'let's go Anshuman and show them.'

Everyone looked at him waiting for answer and he agreed and I smiled.

The males really put their time and effort cause everything they made was so delicious, I never know that my father, Gunny and Anshuman know how to make food.

After the dinner, I was sitting thinking about our lives, while everyone has already retired for day. How just a simple thing turned out to be the most complex one in my life.

If only Nitya didn't gave me condition to choose from and I hadn't left from here  maybe our stories, our bond must have been different but maybe destiny planned something else.

These thoughts were disturbing me a lot, so I took out a book and went in the balcony. Sitting there on the big metal swing, I started reading.

I saw a cup of coffee being forwarded to me, raising my head, I saw Anshuman with two cups of coffee. He took seat beside me as I took the cup of coffee from his hand.

" You still love to read books?" He asked taking small sips from his cup.

" Of course, it's my therapy." I smiled to him and turned to look at the beautiful and ethereal night sky. It is filled with millions of starts and a full shiny moon. Such a nice view.

" You look so angelic, sitting on the swing and reading book in the moon light." My heart skipped a beat.

I turned to him, I wanted to speak something rather than staring at his handsome features but nothing came into my mind, my mind was blank.

All of a sudden I started to feel so nervous in his presence, he makes me out of words. His eyes are filled with a lot of emotions that I don't want to name.

The way he looks at me makes me think he still has those feelings for me. I averted my eyes and focused back on the coffee.

"Thanks for the coffee." I whispered taking sips.

" I don't take thanks from people close to me." Damn!!, he and his words.

I composed myself and asked " Do I even come into your close people list."

He shifted a bit closer to me " You do, my close people list is never complete without you." What has gotten into him today?

I again tore my gaze and again focused on the coffee cup but he made me look at him again by saying " What are you reading? The romance books, like back then?"

He did remember the scene from the first time he visited my home and my mom complained him about me always egrossed in my books.

" No-no, It's a mystery book." I defended myself immediately before his mind go in any other direction.

" Why don't you read romance books now?"

What kind of question is this? Who asks a girl why she is not reading romance books, she used to love.

" Cause, I feel jealous." I simply stated and he giggled, which made me glare at him.

" So where were we?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

What does he meant? I don't know what is he talking about?

"Remember our pending conversation?" I   soon realised what he was saying.

"Ahmm...hi Gunny." I waved behind him making him immediately turn to look back.

Getting the chance I stood up to run back to the room but it didn't take him time to realise my bluff.

He was fast enough to grab my wrist  and pulled me to him, my back crashed with his well built chest. My breathe hitched at the skin contact.

" Are you trying to run away, Miss Prajapati." He slowly uttered into my ears with his deep and husky voice.

My chest heaved as my breathes were becoming quiker, this was the first time my body was this close to someone.

He slowly twirled me pulled me to him, making me stand in front of him with just inches of distance.

His hands were on my waist, the proximity was making me breathless. He was warm and the heat coming from his body was making me hot too.

He stared at me so intently that I was forgetting my surrounding. He removed his hand from my waist and cupped my cheeks.

He was coming closer and all of a sudden a wave of reflex rushed through my body and I pushed him.

He landed on the swing on his butt.

What did I did? Why did I did this?.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎¤¤¤¤¤¤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎¤¤¤¤¤¤¤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Thanks for reading till the end, I am so-so grateful to all the people who made this story 1.9k read.

Trust me, you guys are the best for me.

Love you a lot. ❤

Keep being healthy and happy.
And keep supporting me.

Now bye-bye.

Have a good day.

Spread ❤